Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Axel destroys tennis-balls like its nothing, the only other toy that I have been able to find that withstands his jaws are Kongs and ropes. But he gets bored with them, and can some how untie the ropes. We have tried the Kong Wubba, and that lasted awhile, but when it ripped and he saw the tennis-ball, it was over. So we bought him another one, and he knew that there was a tennis-ball in it at the top and destroyed it in about half an hour. So we moved to the Kong Tails. Which was alot better, but he still has no intrest to play with it as much as he does with any type of ball. We have tried every type of ball, and he destroys them, any suggestions on a ball that won't break and can withstand his jaws? =)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Orbee Balls of all colors and styles are the favorite here. Rex always has a ball with him and loves the Orbee balls, and they with hold-up to pretty heavy chewing. For the heavy chewer's don't get the Orbee's with the world maps.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
It seems like I've seen some kind of crazy, 100% guaranteed ball for dogs. I don't know why I didn't buy it, because I have a similar problem (though Gumby has been fantastic!) Incredi-Ball? Duri-Ball? I'll hunt around and come back. It seems they marketed it to pits.

ETA: Found it! Home - Unbreakoball

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Our DT secret Santa sent us a cuz for Nova. She loves it and it has held up surprisingly well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you tried the Kong Extreme balls? They are the size of tennis balls and even fit in a regular sized chuckit. Lotus hasn't succeeded in breaking one yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your posts! I have tried the Kong Tennis Balls, and he just goes right through them. And I have also tried the nylabones, which he wont touch. Thank you all for the advice and Ill let you know how trying these new items works out! =)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
I like the Cuz too... and the chuckit balls - especially the "normal" orange ones and the glow in the dark one for some reason. Si loves to chomp and chomp and chomp on them. They are fairly durable, however not indestructible.

Have you tried a Jolly ball for in the yard? They are fun, and work even if they end up chewing the handle off. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Kong makes a solid Red Rubber ball so far Buddy has not killed it but we play ball then it is put up. The Hurley bone not the Hurley ball it is shaped wrong Buddy killed the ball but not the bone.Cuz is good but I had to cut the feet off it is only out with supervision.Good Luck on your hunt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again all for your suggestions. I finally think we found a toy. =) Its a nylabone, which I was hesitant to get but figured I would try it anyways. Its called THE BIG BONE. Designed by Nylabone for the toughest chewers. Its awesome. I recommend it out to you guys to go try if you have a chewer and nothing else seems to work. Thanks again for all the suggestions. =)

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,596 Posts
Cuz balls are good. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I find Ruff Tuff Toys are the best.....Jake kills all of his toys, but these ones have lasted THE LONGEST and when they do start to brake down they don't leave small chunks every where that can cause serious tummy problems.

·
Pro Snake Wiggler
2,288 Posts
I'm still testing it with Mocha but the Goughnut so far seems to be fantastic :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have had good success with the Kong Squeezz line of toys. The balls eventually stop squeaking, but still work fine for fetch. We also have a stick squeezz which still squeaks after over 6 months.

We also have several of the Chuck It! brand glow in the dark balls.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Kong makes a solid Red Rubber ball so far Buddy has not killed it but we play ball then it is put up. The Hurley bone not the Hurley ball it is shaped wrong Buddy killed the ball but not the bone.Cuz is good but I had to cut the feet off it is only out with supervision.Good Luck on your hunt
+1 on the big red kong ball. The only downside to it is that its so thick solid and heavy that its like having your dog play with a bowling ball in the house some times. Not damaging anything, just loud as you can imagine on my hardwood.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts