Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be at the Timonium, Maryland shows next weekend with Miss Darla.
We'll be there Fri, Sat, & Sun. Hoping to do some new CH celebrating.

Any DTers going?

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
I went last year and was debating going this year, but decided not to. The venue is not great for obedience even though they get good judges.

Good luck while you are there!

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Won't be there this year - too bad - but good luck!!

Reactions: DoyerDobes

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I will be at the Timonium, Maryland shows next weekend with Miss Darla.
We'll be there Fri, Sat, & Sun. Hoping to do some new CH celebrating.

Any DTers going?
Fran, I'll be there with Sabrina on Friday and Saturday.

I went last year and was debating going this year, but decided not to. The venue is not great for obedience even though they get good judges.

Good luck while you are there!
Oh drats, we're showing in obedience on Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Conformation will be in the "Cow Palace".
Obed in the Exhib Hall.

But I'll come look for you.
I remember Sabrina playing with JJ. JJ will be home.
I'll only have Darla.

I'm staying at the Red Roof. How about you?

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Fran, I'll be there with Sabrina on Friday and Saturday.

Oh drats, we're showing in obedience on Friday and Saturday.
Don't panic- depends on the level you are showing in. :)

Novice and Rally had pretty decent ring set ups. The doors on that side of the huge room were not too close as I recall.

It was Utility that had a main door right where the dogs did their gloves (if glove 1) and go outs. People came and went with crates, dollies, dogs, etc. all day long. If that door opened while you were doing a signal to your dog, or a go out- many dogs looked away for just an instant and NQ'd. It was bad news to have that door at the side of the Utility ring! I am starting Cheers in Utility so she needs all the smooth vibes she can get to be comfortable doing things 40 feet away.

Good luck to all who are attending!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Conformation will be in the "Cow Palace".
Obed in the Exhib Hall.

But I'll come look for you.
I remember Sabrina playing with JJ. JJ will be home.
I'll only have Darla.

I'm staying at the Red Roof. How about you?
We entered these shows because my husbands mother lives in MD. so we'll be staying with her.

I'm going to try to stop by the venue on Thursday to work Sabrina a little and let her sniff around.

But I'll look for you too since I don't think I've met Darla. To me, JJ is one of those dogs that really have that wow factor, I really like him a lot....and so does Sabrina:)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
not going this year - i love the show site. especially since rah got leg 2 of his UD there :) berlin also finished her cd and bn there!

the specialty obedience is in the main building before breed, and its a harder ring IMo because there is an aisle behind the ring. in the upper building the door doesnt bother my dogs as much and its a training issue - i love the space for crating and how bright it is! no crowding.

Reactions: DoyerDobes

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I will be there on Friday. I love the venue.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I will be there on Friday. I love the venue.
Have fun! I like that show, but with 7 week old puppies at home I'm not going anywhere right now. Hope to see you at Quaker City in June though.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm illiterate when it comes to finding valuable show information. My mom wants to start researching breeders, but I haven't been able to find out info about Dobermans for Sunday. If any of you could shed some light on ring times for Sunday, I'd be very appreciative.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts