Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
I have some questions that maybe you can help me with. You can email me at [email protected]
Thankyou
Amy
There are some good breeders in Georgia..........not sure what kind of help you are looking for? There is even an excellent vet in Georgia that is a member of the DPCA......not sure if she breeds or not.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
You have a PM

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
Akolade Dobermans - Cheryl Morrow http://www.dobermans.org Do you know her? I have been researching my girls pedigree and some of her dogs have the same get.
I don't know her personally, but I did go through her website and I don't see any red flags. Her name is familiar to me .........sorry that I can't help you more than that.

With any breeder, even what seems to be a really good one, you need to do your homework and ask lots of questions. This is the best link I know of for people who are shopping for any breed:

http://members.execulink.com/~korevaar/buyingguide.htm

Any breeder worth your time will not be upset about someone who is doing their homework and asking the hard questions. They will be asking you hard questions too.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
Is that were you got you dobe?
Le strat got her Doberman from Nancy Young in Alabama, but I doubt that Nancy would have another litter anytime soon. She averages one litter every 2 years.

I do believe the sire of that litter is from the GA. area. Sometimes if you see a sire you like, you can ask them who might have puppies coming from him. That is how I found my Velma - it was the stud dog owner/breeder that I contacted first and she put me in contact with Velma's breeder ........Nancy was that breeder.

You still have to do your homework even when the breeder is someone you were referred to by another respected breeder.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
Is that were you got you dobe?
No, but she is a well-known and highly reputable breeder with some awesome dogs. She also is a great person. She talked to me for over an hour on the phone when I was on my dobe search.

Nancy Young, herre in Alabama, is where I got Maggie, and is the also a wonderful, knowledgable person with great dogs, but like VelmaDobe said, she doesn't have pups but every couple years (and I was lucky to get in on that litter!). I didn't mention her becasue she is in Alabama rather than Georgia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts