Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided on a whim to take all three dogs to the park near my house this afternoon. It was really nice out and I was tired of just sitting in the yard, so off we went for a few hours. Ripley discovered that he actually can swim, although he still isn't very good at it. But at least he didn't sink this time. And he also discovered the joys of leaping off the creek bank into the water. Dance did it once (for the first time ever, and only once) and after she did it he was pretty sure that was definitely the best way to fetch the toy from then on, haha. Keira, as usual, just hung with me and watched the other two play. She cooled off in the water a couple times but she's too prissy for such fun and games. Anyhow, it was a really great afternoon. It was the first time I took all three by myself there (because I have to take the train to get there) and they were all perfect. :)

A lot more coming!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh oh! He went in a little too deep for comfort and almost had to swim. But he lived, even if he thought he might not for a sec!

He made it!

Oops! Went too far again..

More!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I wish this was framed better but I wasn't expecting it at all as she's never jumped in before. But I had to keep it, since it was a first (and so far only).

Still some more!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Group shots, water toy engaging, dock diving action, etc. etc...all fantactic photos.
- and the family triplets, had much fun
- nice to see the fun of the water, learned and swimming lessons working

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
WOW!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful family.
I love Dancer's sweet face, especially when wet.
All of them are so lovely.
Ripley is just stunning!!!!! I don't know anything about his breeding or genetics but if everything lined up, he should be a stud. The ladies would be lining up.
Thanks for being such a good doggie mom!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I love your gang! it's always so much fun for them!...and then theirs keira ;)

How well does that duck toy last? I've thought about getting it but wasnt sure it would survive.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Fantastic photos, they looked like they had a ball, bet you are so glad you went, I know I am, otherwise I wouldnt have gotten to see the kids having such fun.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
It's so funny how this breed is not a group of natural swimmers and have to learn, really - it's unlike any other dog I've known other than pitties / staffies. It's gotta be the deep chests, tight feet, no fur combo. They are just dense. My Frankie girl had so much fur that she pretty much floated LOL.

Great shots as always - too many favorites to choose favorites!

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
I LOVE the group shots, well all of your pics are fabulous!

Reactions: Tollers-n-Dobes

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, everyone! :)

WOW!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful family.
I love Dancer's sweet face, especially when wet.
All of them are so lovely.
Ripley is just stunning!!!!! I don't know anything about his breeding or genetics but if everything lined up, he should be a stud. The ladies would be lining up.
Thanks for being such a good doggie mom!
Thanks! Unfortunately there was a problem/big delay with Ripley's registration so I got tired of waiting around and decided to neuter him rather than show him (plus he wouldn't eat either intact), and there are some health concerns now in his lines so his breeder would never allow him to be bred. But he's definitely matured nicely, I think! There was a while there that I was worried he'd be gawky forever, but then suddenly he grew up.

Love your pics as always. There is nothing better than a dog that loves the water in my opinion.
I agree. Water dogs are so much fun. For a retriever, Dance isn't overly water crazy, although she is a good swimmer and does enjoy it now. But I love Ripley's water enthusiasm.

I love your gang! it's always so much fun for them!...and then theirs keira ;)

How well does that duck toy last? I've thought about getting it but wasnt sure it would survive.
Keira has fun too, just in her own way! I wish she'd discover the joys of playing, but she's just not into it.

Yesterday was the first time I used that toy and it seems to have held up well. All they do with it is retrieve though. No tugging or anything, so I expect it to last pretty well.

Fantastic photos, they looked like they had a ball, bet you are so glad you went, I know I am, otherwise I wouldnt have gotten to see the kids having such fun.

Thanks for sharing.
Definitely! I love taking the three of them for walks. It's one of my favourite things. Especially in that park - it smells so nice and it's so pretty. And huge. You could walk forever.

It's so funny how this breed is not a group of natural swimmers and have to learn, really - it's unlike any other dog I've known other than pitties / staffies. It's gotta be the deep chests, tight feet, no fur combo. They are just dense. My Frankie girl had so much fur that she pretty much floated LOL.

Great shots as always - too many favorites to choose favorites!
It is! Neither of mine are very good swimmers at all. Ripley took a long time to understand that he had to coordinate his back and front legs together so he didn't sink. But he seemed to get it yesterday - just not very gracefully, lol. And Keira has never tried swimming again after she jumped off a bridge into some deep water as a puppy and went under. We've tried encouraging her, but she doesn't care. She'll go in as deep as she can walk to cool off, but otherwise, water just isn't for her. Dance, OTOH, has been a natural swimmer since day one.

Reactions: Maximo and Sam1491
1 - 20 of 20 Posts