Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I really do appreciate all the help that I have been getting with my new puppy but I do have another question and its had to do with ear posting. I started posting last night and I followed the tutorial down to the letter and later this afternoon I had noticed that there was just a little bit of blood on the inside of his ear on the post so I unwrapped it and the inside of his ear is super red with a little sore down in the base and in the middle from what I am guess it was rubbing. I was wondering what I should do about this I have heard that you should not leave the ears unposted for any length of time but I do want the inside to heal. Any suggestions. Aslo from where the vet tapped there is a lot of tape residue left and I was wondering what I can use to get this off. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Did some of the duct tape peek out of the bottom? And are the sides of the ears bleeding? That means you've taped too tightly.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
If the sore is raw, then it needs to heal before reposting or your asking for trouble.
I quickly use googone for tape residue and cleanse further with antibacterial stuff. Then completely dry.
but don't use googone on an open sore.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I would let it heal. You do not want an infected ear. When I posted I put some cotton from a cotton ball on the bottom of the post then put the post into the ear.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Leave it down for the day and if it's just a tiny spot I would post them back up. But I would use some cotton.

Personally that's why I like the tampon method because you can push the tampon down so the cotton inside sits on the ear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys didnt think of the cotton ball. Thats what I did and for the the first 6 or so hours man his ears looked good and now they are all floopy. I hope that it doesnt mess any thing up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts