Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some one told me once that there are three different lengths for cropping teh Doberman's ears.. long=show, medium=show/guard, and short=guard.

is this true?

if so, are tail length docted in the same manner?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi! Um I really don't know. I am sorry! I don't believe in cropping my self but that's just my opinion. Maybe Doberadmin knows. Good Bye!

·
Registered
421 Posts
The show crop is a really long cut that takes a long time to stand. My dobe has a shorter cut but it isn't the pit type cut I see on them sometimes. It is really on preferance but unless you were showing I would think it owuld be a pain to get the show crop to stand.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, thanks... I think I like the medium to short lengths.... No, I'm not interested in showing at alll.. just Schutzhund for me!!!! But what about teh tail? how do you know where to crop teh tall?

·
Extraordimary
4,925 Posts
LCGSDmama said:
Ok, some one told me once that there are three different lengths for cropping teh Doberman's ears.. long=show, medium=show/guard, and short=guard.

is this true?

if so, are tail length docted in the same manner?
People can ask for whatever length they prefer when docking tails or cropping ears. However, the breed standard calls for the tail to be docked at the 2nd joint.

·
Extraordimary
4,925 Posts
joce said:
The show crop is a really long cut that takes a long time to stand.
It doesn't always take a long time to get a show cut to stand. There are a variety of factors including the thickness of the ear leather, the cartilege, the skill of the cropping vet and the skill of the person doing the posting.

I've had ears stand in as little as 2 weeks, I've had others up by 2 months and there have been a couple of cases where I was still taping 9 months post crop, but those were unusual for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts