Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CARY, Ill. - A 10-year-old boy was in critical condition Sunday after three pit bulls escaped from a home and went on a rampage, attacking six people before police shot and killed the dogs, authorities said.

ADVERTISEMENT

No charges had been filed Sunday, but McHenry County Sheriff Keith Nygren said it was being investigated as a crime scene.

Neighbors said the attacks started late Saturday afternoon when children going door-to-door for a fund-raiser arrived at the home of Scott Sword, 41, who owned the dogs.

"We had music playing, and I heard this bizarre sound," said Debby Rivera, who lives three houses away. "I looked out the window, and I saw a young boy. The dogs were just jumping on him."

"The screams were horrible," she said. The dogs were "relentless, like they were possessed."

The pit bulls attacked the two children, and when the dogs' owner tried to stop them, the dogs turned on him and bit off his thumb, Nygren said. The boy's father also tried to protect his son and was attacked. The dogs went after another neighbor as well.

"The scene sprawled over a couple blocks, it was a very chaotic scene," said Lt. Michael Douglas of the Cary Fire Protection District.

Residents threw rocks at the dogs and honked car horns to try to distract them from attacking before police arrived and shot the animals.

Jim Malone said he and a neighbor tried to beat the dogs back with baseball bats. "He'd hit them, they'd run, and they'd come back," Malone said. "This went on for 15 minutes."

The boy who was attacked, Nick Foley, was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday. His friend Jordan Lamarre, also 10, was in serious condition. Nick's father was listed in good condition. Sword and two others were treated for injuries and released.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
im just curious why they all get posted here?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I, Just thought it was something worth Shareing. There's been Several Pitt Attacks lately why not Share a another. I guess its the same reason i see new Poems Posted almost everyday. I dont like To read them so i dont ......

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
im juust curious why we are posting stories that stereotype a certain breed, when our own breed is being banned as well.

if you were commenting that its weird that we dont hear about the siberian husky that just recently killed a child in MA, or the other breeds that attack/harm/kill people, its different. but i see no other purpose of these posts except to almost point out how bad pits are -- when in fact, they arent.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I, understand where Your coming from My intent wasnt to just Post stuff About Pitts Attacking People. I, know Pitts arent bad i totally agree with You.
I just came across the Story and decided to Post it. I would Post a Story on anyother Breed as well. I'm Sorry like i said my intent wasnt to come across like it has.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
You know, I've often wondered why there are so many posts on these awful attacks. It's not just here or just by crx. It seems to be on every dog forum. If we continue to dwell on these awful events, we're no better than the media that screams every time an "aggressive" breed poo's on the sidewalk. I think we need to maybe change things up a bit, search out and post stories that deal with heroic dogs and owners. I know that sounds like I want to just stick my head in the sand and wish it would all go away. Trust me, it's not like that. But, maybe if we - as "dog people" - started focusing more on the good rather than the bad, others would follow suit.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
King seems to think He's really funny doesnt he. Maybe i should just stop coming here everyone seems to have something stuck up there but lately. Since were all cracking Jokes and everything King maybe you should go buy another crappy Dog from a Backyard breeder.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
crxman321 said:
King seems to think He's really funny doesnt he. Maybe i should just stop coming here everyone seems to have something stuck up there but lately. Since were all cracking Jokes and everything King maybe you should go buy another crappy Dog from a Backyard breeder.
That is completely uncalled for crxman. Tom made a joke in good humor.

You, on the other hand, are being malicious. Stop it right there. And I would suggest an apology too would be in order for that rude comment.

I do agree that focusing so much on the bad doesn't help any breed. I would like to see more happy endings also. I even made that remark when you posted a good story not to far back. That it was nice to read something with a happy ending finally.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
TomAndKing said:
No apology necessary. Obviously i offended him, although that wasnt what i was trying to do, so he retaliated. Sorry dude, no hard feelings.
Okay, up to you since it was directed your way :) .

But what I said still stands, no more personal malicious comments.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts