Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whiskey had a lump appear that I assumed was a bug bite but after a week or so it got larger and I took him to the vet to have it tested. She used the needle test and she's sending it out for testing but she thinks it's a mast cell tumor.

Please send my boy good vibes and hope for histiocytoma instead >_<

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,343 Posts
Hoping and praying it is something minor like a histiocytoma. Baron has had 3 since we got him. Where is it located? I think Baron's dermatologist told me that histio's were more common in younger dogs than mast cells.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I think the odds are more in favor of a histio vs mast cell. Hope you get fantastic news. The waiting sucks though :(

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's on his outer thigh. Started as a very small bump under the skin and within a week that sucker was the size of a nickel. At first the skin looked normal and now it's sort a different color and texture as well as very hard.

·
Registered
939 Posts
YAY for good news! SO glad to hear its nothing awful :)

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah... the last thing I'd want for this boy is to have to undergo another surgery. Ive had him around 7 months and he's already had a broken toe and had to have a baby tooth removed. Poor guy has no luck whatsoever.

·
Puppies pushover
205 Posts
glad your boy is good :) im sue hell have lots of xtra snuggles for his trouble x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts