Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
It said my top match would be a Belgian Malinois.... With Doberman comming in at 9th place.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Oddly enough I came up with the Malinois as #1 and the Dobe as 26 - evidentally the Dobe is slightly less obedient, learns not quite as quick and is just a tad more dominant than the Mal. Funny thing here is that when I decided I wanted a Dobe a friend of mine suggested waiting a couple years for one of her Mal puppies LOL She'll get a kick out of these results :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
TracyJo said:
Hey if they can make Doberdoodls we can make Dobernois and have the perfect dog LOL
:11doh:

Oh what the hell, why not? I could use the extra money. Now I just need to have Ava's uterus put back in and find me a male Mal.......

·
Registered
460 Posts
not to sound like an *ss but if you are gunna breed a dog in order to get some money there is something really wrong - i know it was a joke -
Not only breeding a dog for money but breeding two different breeds together for money! How much better can it get? ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
you work on finding the mal and I'll cancel her spay appt LOL This is our ticket to financial freedom I tell ya LOL
Alright then! That'll save me the cost of her surgical uterine replantation. Hooray! :haha:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
You guys are nuts!

I'm still for the doberhuahuas though, remember that, Gracie's mom?! We can all put our resignations into work as soon as we get that one figured out! Just like they are doing with the "miniature" aussies now. :mad: I still can't get over the doberdoodle..... good lord.....

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hehehheh! What a wild monster it would make all right! The dog with the "pinched" brain and the one with "water" on the brain!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Lexus said:
Hehehheh! What a wild monster it would make all right! The dog with the "pinched" brain and the one with "water" on the brain!
Hey you might be on to something... Maybe we could improve both by combining the two... the water on the chihuahua brain may cushion the pinching of the dobes thus creating a perfectly brained dog LOL

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
my top 5 are:

1-Dalmatian
2-Doberman
3-Australian Shepherd
4-Rottweiler
5-Belgian Groenendael

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sh*T you guys...i had a damn man come up to me today at my work and we were talking about his labrador... and he said it is a stud... i said oh really. he said ye i want to buy a poodle and make labradoodles. i siad you do know that isnt a breen right they said (he and his wife) are you sure i said yes im sure because i have dobermans and im planning on breeding plus no one in their mind breeds two different breeds together to get a new one... they got pissed at me i told them it was wrong and it could potentially cause more problems for the dog... they said oh but it is hypoallerginic... i said so what about the health of the dog... they said oh well we are thinking about the people plus they sell for two grand..

i said any dog that isnt purebred that sells for 2000 is only in it for the money and is a back yard breeder... even a purebred doberman isnt 2 grand it is around 850-1200 and that is steep on the 1200 side... well they got so pissed they walked off LMAO

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Well, talking about breeding a white isn't being a roll-model to teach anyone responsibility against BYB.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Okay they deemed the best fit for me is ....

1 Doberman (definetaly okay!)
2 Pitbull terrier (I'd take one of these in gladly also!)
3 Bull Mastiff (nope)
4 Water spaniel (don't think so!)
5 Italian Greyhound (really don't think so!)

Now compared to what other dogs I have

Coming in at a whopping #57 Aussie

and Boxer (mix, and really mixed at that, in my case) #14

SO funny story about my aussie the other night! A little background info, Harley is totally neurotic, he thinks everything is going to "get" him! If you even surprise him with a pat and he doesn't know you are there, he yelps and runs away. So with that in mind, he was laying on the floor and I watched him reach back and scratch at his flank with his teeth, well the dope must have nibbled himself a little too hard, b/c he yelps really loud and runs under the kitchen table! Presumebly to hide from himself I guess!

Yeah I love my little "basket case"!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
whiteandblue said:
sh*T you guys...i had a damn man come up to me today at my work and we were talking about his labrador... and he said it is a stud... i said oh really. he said ye i want to buy a poodle and make labradoodles. i siad you do know that isnt a breen right they said (he and his wife) are you sure i said yes im sure because i have dobermans and im planning on breeding plus no one in their mind breeds two different breeds together to get a new one... they got pissed at me i told them it was wrong and it could potentially cause more problems for the dog... they said oh but it is hypoallerginic... i said so what about the health of the dog... they said oh well we are thinking about the people plus they sell for two grand..

i said any dog that isnt purebred that sells for 2000 is only in it for the money and is a back yard breeder... even a purebred doberman isnt 2 grand it is around 850-1200 and that is steep on the 1200 side... well they got so pissed they walked off LMAO

The reason so many don't approve of breeding mixed breed dogs is because it is breeding against set standards. We have standards to tell us what the breed should ideally be.

Breeding white dobermans is also breeding against standard. Just as labradoodles are not allowed into the show ring, neither are white dobermans.

I find your inconsistencies very odd - You support the breeding of white dobermans, which have notoriously been used as a gimmick by irresponsible breeders to sell dogs for more money, yet, you do not support the breeding of labradoodles.

Neither is part of a breed standard. Neither is based on a true love of the breed and a sound desire to improve the breed.

But, I'd probably be better off talking to a wall... I, along with others, have said these things to you many times before and yet they seem to go in one ear and out the other.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts