Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay well this match was less crowded...but for some reason they took forever!!! lol I got there at 6:00pm when it opened...put my name down right away...of course there were already people that signed up ahead of time...I didnt do sits and downs till 8:00pm and then finally got to run my turn in the ring shortly after lol. Poor Duchess girl was waiting there on a leash for 2 hours just to do something lol. she did better than I thought she was going to...and she does SOOOO much better off leash...she loves watching me when she doesnt have the leash on. Its like there is nothing to rebel against lol. The people were so nice this time and real interested in asking me about if Im going to be showing Duchess...and then I told them this is only my second fun match...and they said she does very well and one of the helpers was talking about Rally for Duchess. So maybe in the winter I can get her into a rally class...although Agility is her passion I think...so one or the other probably. agility would be nice cause she doesnt get out as much as she does in the summer.
Sit and down stays were perfect
and here are her scores...
Healing on the leash I got 2 tight leads, a forged sit, a bump, crooked sit...in the healing
then i got a CRF in one of the halfs of the figure 8...I forget what CRF stands for...someone please remind me :)
then she did perfect for stand for examination
and then heeling off the leash she got...I forget what "W" means but she got 2 plain W's, then a WL (wide lag??), a lag and a crooked sit...then a forge...
number wise...

HEEL ON LEASH AND FIGURE 8
Maximum Points 40
Points off 7

STAND FOR EXAM
Maximum points 30
Points off 0

HEEL FREE
Maximum points 40
points off 4

RECALL
maximum points 30
points off 1

Maximum points
SUB TOTAL 140
LONG SIT 30
LONG DOWN 30

Total points I received
SUBTOTAL 128
LONG SIT 30
LONG DOWN 30
Im guessing I got 30's on the long sit and down...cause she didnt get up at all or move...but the judge didnt give us scores on that to us.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
LapDog said:
Okay well this match was less crowded...but for some reason they took forever!!! lol I got there at 6:00pm when it opened...put my name down right away...of course there were already people that signed up ahead of time...I didnt do sits and downs till 8:00pm and then finally got to run my turn in the ring shortly after lol. Poor Duchess girl was waiting there on a leash for 2 hours just to do something lol. she did better than I thought she was going to...and she does SOOOO much better off leash...she loves watching me when she doesnt have the leash on. Its like there is nothing to rebel against lol. The people were so nice this time and real interested in asking me about if Im going to be showing Duchess...and then I told them this is only my second fun match...and they said she does very well and one of the helpers was talking about Rally for Duchess. So maybe in the winter I can get her into a rally class...although Agility is her passion I think...so one or the other probably. agility would be nice cause she doesnt get out as much as she does in the summer.
Sit and down stays were perfect
and here are her scores...
Healing on the leash I got 2 tight leads, a forged sit, a bump, crooked sit...in the healing
then i got a CRF in one of the halfs of the figure 8...I forget what CRF stands for...someone please remind me :)
then she did perfect for stand for examination
and then heeling off the leash she got...I forget what "W" means but she got 2 plain W's, then a WL (wide lag??), a lag and a crooked sit...then a forge...
number wise...

HEEL ON LEASH AND FIGURE 8
Maximum Points 40
Points off 7

STAND FOR EXAM
Maximum points 30
Points off 0

HEEL FREE
Maximum points 40
points off 4

RECALL
maximum points 30
points off 1

Maximum points
SUB TOTAL 140
LONG SIT 30
LONG DOWN 30

Total points I received
SUBTOTAL 128
LONG SIT 30
LONG DOWN 30
Im guessing I got 30's on the long sit and down...cause she didnt get up at all or move...but the judge didnt give us scores on that to us.
well, that was a passing score :)

I think you might be ready to try it for real.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, that was a passing score :)

I think you might be ready to try it for real.
Thats exciting but I get so nervous! lol we had to wait so long to actually get in the ring and I was worried duchess was becoming too impatient and wasnt going to listen for anything lol. But once she takes a couple steps into heeling she knows what she is suppose to do:) We were there so long that when I got home she was bouncing around in the house running all over the place then outside she was sprinting around all over too lol. She did good though and Im proud of her.
Im glad they gave us actual scores...at the last one they didnt write or say anything to you...but this time she talked to me and gave me the sheet...I'll have to show her score sheet to our trainer :) she will probably be so happy :)
oh and when I got the score sheet...I thought I got 12 points total lol and I was like Man Duchess we suck lol...but then I saw they were points OFF lol. I was relieved hahahaha.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Amazing Lapdog & Duchess good for you, and keep up the good work!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey, great job LapDog! You should be very proud! No sense being nervous since Duchess sounds like an old pro and knows what's expected of her. I say hold your head up and go for it, girl!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!..maybe the next one I will try to treat it more like a real one...cause in the fun matches I used like 2 crappy dry treats total...and I ended up putting her prong on last minute cause I got scared lol. so that is a qualifying score with some cheating lol :) she is good with her nylon slip collar too...I just need more confidence lol.
so next time NO TREATS, a collar that is allowed in actual competitions, etc...and hopefully she will do just as well. :)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Good job. Don't worry about winning or losing, just have fun with your dog. Sounds like she knows what to do and is a really good girl, so trust in her more. Sometimes that really does make all the difference.

Your confidence can travel down the leash to your dog, so that can be both good and bad.

They pick up on vibes from us so stay confident and with scores like that you should be on your way to that CD in no time.

If it might help you can always do a private lesson in a trial format with just you and Duch so you can be 100% sure you know what you are doing and can get some more information. I took one with my male before our first CD leg and it really helped.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your confidence can travel down the leash to your dog, so that can be both good and bad.
yeah I know I was trying to stay as calm and try to be fun and keep her entertained for two hours...lol I would get upset stomachs...so Id take her outside for a walk/practice every once and awhile. which probably made her feel better too :)
I think im going to have to see how she does in a portable crate...so that she doesnt feel coupe up on leash especially for that long amount of time...Ill probably have to work with her...when she was kept in a crate she would wine and cry...but maybe if its...outside, inside, all different places...im sitting right next to her...maybe she wouldnt mind it.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Just to get out there and do it is a huge accomplishment! I know I get so nervous in front of people, its just something I have to learn to get over though. It sounds like she (and YOU!) did Super though! If nothing else, at the end of the day.......you have a beautiful, well mannered dog, what else could one possibly ask for? :D

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If nothing else, at the end of the day.......you have a beautiful, well mannered dog, what else could one possibly ask for?
Thanks whenever I get nervous I'll relax and remind myself of that :) Its one of those things like life is too short to be nervous...especially a dogs life :) I'll just go out there and have fun with Duch :) :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
When I showed conformation I was so nerves and I beleive that they know you are. I had a old time breeder tell me that your dog can smell your breath and when your nerves they can tell by that. Now I'm not sure if it is tale and the truth so I crewed gum or life saves. Does anybody know if that is true or not?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i heard that too...and that if you chew mint gum it can hide it alittle bit...I never knew if it was true either :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts