Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today (Thursday) was another day at Huntington Dog Beach. Mensa, Katie, and Toby (Labrador) and I spent most of the day escaping the heat at the beach. Mensa spent more time in the water than Toby did today.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mensa spent a good part of the day harrassing Toby.

But she spent most of her time chasing sticks.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Looks like Mensa has the same hobby's as Mischa she is driving Tia nuts.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
In case anybody thinks I live right around the corner from the beach, that isn't the case.

Getting home involved three hours of this:

Notice the GPS. If you add the moving time to the standing still time, you'll find it took me over an hour and forty minutes to make 33 miles! Almost half-way home!

Ouch!!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
With pics like this, makes the long drive worth it. Looks like all had a blast. Great pictures

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
mensa is awesome! How are her ears doing?She sure looks like a fun puppy! man that is a long drive! it makes me feel less jealous knowing you don't have all these awesome places in your backyard :) the snarl on toby's face in the one reminds me of coco when he is harrassed by Duchess

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Neat pictures, Mensa sure is growing up fast. She is definitely a water dog. Wish we had the ocean close by, it is so beautiful. I never saw the ocean until I was 39 years old! My husband took me to Florida after we got married to meet his parents LOL.

·
Registered
986 Posts
It shows what a proud and devoted Pop you are, Chaz. Mensa looks terrific, very confident and happy. But here's my question...when we go to the ocean, we bring half the beach home with us in the car. Have you found an effective way to get most of the sand off the kids before loading them up for the ride home?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh how great! Just loved the pics. Of course you can see they had a blast. Thanks for sharing!

gotta hate traffic, i hate to ride with my hubby....he has rode rage.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I bet chaz gets all his dogs to the car on his back!...doggy back rides! Chaz, your such a devoted owner I wouldn't be suprised if you really did carry them all to the car so they dont touch any more sand! :)

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Very nice pictures, it seems they have had a lot of fun! Do you have a special dog beach, I am asking cause a lot of beaches are closed in high season overhere, here we have a special beach were you can swim with your dog.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, Elly,

This is a designated beach for dogs. Here's a link to Dog Beach:

http://www.dogbeach.org/

1,100 miles of California coastline and a couple miles of dog beach is all we get. The Dog Beach volunteers make sure there are plenty of "doggie bags" provided and the beach goers do a great job of cleaning up after their dogs.

Sooz,

I take a few hand-towels along and try to wipe as much sand off the dogs as I can before we saddle-up for the ride home. With Mensa soaking wet it's not as successful as it is for Katie who does her best to stay dry.

DaKari,

I've lived in California since day one. Some of my earliest memories are going to the Ocean. My Dad used to take me to a seedy amusement park in Long Beach called the "Pike". It had an old rickety roller coaster that went out over the ocean and scared the hell out of me. He also had a thing for Beat-Niks, so we hung around the places those folke frequented.

The long drive home was my own fault. We left the beach at 4:00 pm, just in time to hit the worst traffic. If I had hung around until 8:00 when the beach closed I could've made it home in half the time. It only took me an hour, twenty to get there in the morning. It's kind of tough to get any good Road Rage working when there are thousands of us all in the same boat.

LapDog,

Her ears are coming along fine. Her left ear stands perfect, but her right one leans out at a 90* angle. We'll just keep posting them until they both look good. The posts don't seem to bother her, and the Vet, who does all the posting, will keep posting them until they're good to go.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those are great pics as usual Chaz. With those posts on her, she looks like a bull chasing Toby. Really cute. Lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great pictures! Do you notice dogs a little more fearful of the water with those waves crashing in? I'd never get mine in that water!

You're a trooper driving in all that traffic. Traffic on the highway just about kills me every time - it hurts my head just thinking about it...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I hope you took off the ear posts afterwards and let the ears dry out. You don't want to keep the ears up when they get wet. Looks like everyone had a great time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts