Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member. I have a 10yr old female black dobie. Last month she had a blood test everything was normal, she was just having diarrhea so we switched her food put her on antibiotics (amoxicillin and metronidazole). She was doing fine and then all of a sudden she just wasn't herself. We did a blood test she was low on red blood cells. She was having pain in her abdomen, so we did an exploratory surgery on her. All organs were fine and no internal bleeding.

We did another blood test it came back with low red and white blood cells. We then sent a blood smear to a pathologist and it showed no leukemia or cancer. So right now we are trying Val syrup which is liquid vitamins. She just received a B12 and Iron shot yesterday and now seems worse. She is now only eating wet food and still isn't herself. I'm hoping it's just from the pain of the shots even though she is on pain meds.

So right now we are just searching to find out what is causing this. The Vet said the next option would be to look at the bone marrow. As anyone had this issue or a similar issues with their dobie?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts