Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my family thinks I need an intervention.....We picked upTasia yesterday, from our local rescue. she is about 2 and a half, a lovely red head. She will be enrolled in the doberman version of the biggest loser. (She is a tad 'portly'). HEre are the pics.

She and Molly are actually getting along pretty well. She is just a big ole sweetie! Right now she is passed out at my feet. With all the extra weight she is lugging around, she had trouble keeping up with MOlly and Apollo. About the 800th time they went running up the stairs, she just gave a look like, 'you want me to go up those stairs again??????"

She was actually adopted out by our group when she was a pup, and the man who took her loved her to bits. Unfortuantely, his 6 year old was afraid of her. he was divorced and was afraid his ex would put an end to the visits. So now she has joined the Campbell clan.

will fill you all in more and post more pics as we get them.

cc

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I am a member of very little brain. I could not post the pics of Tasia here but I was able to get them in my gallery, so you can see them there - unless there is a good samaritan out there that will tack them on to my post

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can see the gut she has on her in this picture - now I sish we had vaccummed BEFORE we broke out the camera. The bag that came with her was just about all treats and a bottle of shampoo. no wonder she is so porky.

cc

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
She is beautiful!! I hate to say it, but I would rather see her overweight turned into the shelter than a walking skeleton like tons! At least she was taken care of!! I know that neither one is good..........but she looks like she was loved and spoiled!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She was definitely well loved. Giving her up about broke her owners heart, but it was a choice between his little girl (human) and his big girl (Tasia). we all know who wins there.

Ironically, the same person that save apollo from being put down, origionnally picked up tasia from the pound.

cc

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well I for one think she's fabulous...sexy, beautiful and curvy...NOT porky!!! So you better quit saying that or she'll come over and sit on you when you're asleep.

Congrats on your new addition, Codysmom! She's beautiful and knowing her background and that she was well cared for has to make you feel good. Apollo's gonna be in heaven!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She is a doll! Congrats! She will be trimmed down in no time with all of the fun she will have with the other two.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,378 Posts
She is beautiful CM,well done I am proud to be associated with such good people as we have on this forum.And I don't think you need intervention,Dobe collecting is not a problem,is it?:)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Good on you to rescue! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far so good. apparently this morning Tasia had a chat with Molly and has decided that SHE will be the alpha female and that Molly will just have to deal with it. after a good sulk in her crate, molly was ready to play and they have been having a ball.

OK Sooz, she's "Rubenesque". but she will be ready for the Dobeman swimsuit issue after a few months with Molly.

She has the prettiest eyes - sort of yellow/green/brown - and she is SOOO gentle. She does have one little problem, she leaks. apparently she having her first heat when she was gotten out of the pound at 9 months and was spayed after. but I don't think they did a very good job because she has been leaking ever since. This is the first time I have dealt with the issue -would love any advice you all have - my understanding that if the vet does a sloppy spay, leakage can occur. she is not incontinent, just a little dribble once in a while.

Aparrently, she was well fed her whole life at nine months she was 57 lbs - and she is not oversized at all heightwise, anyway.

cc

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brumwolf said:
She is beautiful CM,well done I am proud to be associated with such good people as we have on this forum.And I don't think you need intervention,Dobe collecting is not a problem,is it?:)

not in my book, Brum. tho I have maxed out with dogs according to town ordinances. any more and I will be considered a kennel and my home is not zoned for that.

.....I told hubby we have to move.......;)

cc

·
Registered
16,117 Posts
Congradulations on your new addition CM. She's lovely and so nice to know she has not been mistreated or starved. She will be an easy keeper for you for a while.:) I kinda wonder why her third eyelids are so prominent. Are you going to take her to the vet for a "I just got you" checkup?
Reminder, make sure to watch them to see if they have worked out the dominance issue. If you saw what happened you probably already know. Mine got it took care of in one nasty conversation.
I don't know, but maybe the weight is a contributing factor to her dribbling.
I don't think a poor spay would have anything to do with it. What is a poor spay anyway?? There is a medication people give for incontinence. Maybe someone will let you know what it is, I can't remember and haven't had to deal with this problem in dogs yet. :emo: oops, excuse me while I go to the restroom.:)

Be sure to let us know when you move.:cool2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.