Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has already been suggested at some point, I did a scan of previous topics in this section and didn't come across anything.

What would you think about an ears sub-forum? I can't help but notice that the GSD forum that my fiance is a member of has a forum for questions/pictures/etc. about ears standing, and we have to be at the very least as inundated with questions about cropping vet referrals, posting questions and woes, ear pictures, suggestions, tutorials, the local help posting sticky...seems like it would be a nice place to put it all.

Just a thought. :)

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
What Brianne is talking about is an entire sub-section of the puppy section, rather like the Food and Feeding sub-section of our Health section. It's entirely about puppy ear-related questions from members, not just links to other threads.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rosemary, exactly. I myself don't have any ear concerns, just seems like there are ear questions and threads scattered all over the intro forum, doberman-related chat, puppy corner...seemed like it might be nice to have a central location for them, but thank you for the response, sam&macksmom. :)

Amelia, I don't even know if GSD people ever tape...I don't think they do, I don't know. They just seem to have a lot of angst about whether they're standing or not. :lol2: Which I presume is why they have a forum for it. As big of a topic as it is around here, it seems like if anyone needs an ear forum, it's us!

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Yes, GSD people to tape ears, as do people with lots of other breeds (basically, any breed that has fairly large, upright ears). As a matter of fact, I taped Ilka's left ear. I wanted a matched set, if I could get it. :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I knew some other breeds had taped ears too; we tape our natural ears and I know rough collies ears are often taped. I just have never seen a GSDs ears who havnt stood and I have a GSD mix who's ears are really strong upright, so I just figured they all were :)

I think a sub category for all ear stuff is a great idea.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it would be a good idea too. I will see how feasible it is. The main obstacle would be moving all previous threads to the proposed new forum.
If any help is needed if you decide to make a forum, I'd be happy to volunteer my time. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts