Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dobieluver
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im wondering if my doberman is American or European. He is10 months old (the pic is when he was 5 or so) he weighs about 70 lbs. I was told he was a mix of the 2 and dont really mind if he is im just curious to know :)

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Do you have any papers from him, the pedigree would be an easy way to tell. He sort of looks like he has the shorter neck and more broad muzzle/head of a euro line dog, more (and current) pictures would make it easier to give a bit more insight. In the end it will be more speculation than anything.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Looks like a Doberman - no idea about type.
Yup.

One picture, especially one picture taken from the front of the dog sitting isn't much help. A stacked picture/side picture of him standing would help a bit. Do you know his sire or dam or where he came from?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Try to get his paws in the picture. The fronts on one and the backs on another. If there is black hairs on the top of the paws it might be EU. So I have been told. No real truth in it but was told that

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri and many of my American pups have very black toes so it is not necessarily an indication of Euro breeding. I have heard it is an indication of Warlock ROFLOL!!!

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Both of my girls are American show line bred and both have dark brown on their toes marking up the rust, too. Doesn't mean anything as far as lineage.

Without a pedigree for your boy, who knows?

Reactions: donnatoldu2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts