Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

American or European

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
In addition to what Kansadobe said, you'd really need to look at the dog's pedigree to know.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You'd need to look at the pedigree or at least know what kind of breeder/program the dog came from.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,784 Posts
Welcome!

Is that your pupper? What's her name? Tell us more about her...inquiring minds want to know. 🙂

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just a guess but lean towards North American, but no way to know for sure unless as done as mentioned above.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am guessing that it is probably European since the OP is in the UK. The number of American dogs in the UK is infinitesimally low compared to UK and European.
Missed that key evidence! Have to work on those detective skills... Yes it would then be likely be Euro, I believe the UK has quite the strict Dobie breeding/import laws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone please tell me if this female 1yr old is a American or European Doberman? View attachment 141906
Hello!
I am leaning towards saying American because Europeans tend to be thicker with a broader chest. A side picture would be helpful because it would show the angle and thickness of the neck. Doberman Planet on YouTube has a good video on the physical distinctions between the American and European Dobermans.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey may yet thicken some, could have been malnourished as a pup, runt of litter, etc. The one other thing is a darker rust coloring which goes with Euro.

As many stated, additional pictures would help but this is a guessing game. You will need track his pedigree to be certain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts