Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
Please excuse my rather amatourish English 'cause it's not my mother tongue!馃槵

Anyways, I've been interested in American Dobermans for a long time now, as I find them physically more appealing but also more suitable for my lifestyle, thanks to their temperament.
I did a lot of research on multiple breeders who seemed reputable, but sadly they won't ship overseas. Infact, most of them demand a personal meeting and prefer a local pickup of the puppy (which I totally understand, don't get me wrong here!).

But due to COVID, I legally can't take a flight to the US and there's no planned change for it soon. If there'd be one, trust me, I'd patiently wait.
Therefore, I'm asking if somebody could recommend reputable breeders who'd ship overseas?
I'd be more than happy, if someone could help me out here!馃槃

Registered
You may want to check out Laurent Forte in Serbia, Log into Facebook. Laurent is French, but moved to Serbia a few years ago. He speaks fluent English, French (of course), and I am not sure how many other languages.

He has been importing Dobermans from South America and mixing them with his European bred dogs. I think you can get the puppies either cropped and docked or uncropped and undocked. I think you will find what you want and it will be much easier than getting one from the US.

Registered
Kickturn Doberman in California shipped a puppy to Germany last year. This was a half american, half european litter.
I have sent a rescue dog to France before, though he flew accompanied with a mutual trusted contact of the new owner and myself. I'm not hot on the idea of shipping cargo, personally, so while as a breeder I'm open to selling in Europe I would also prefer to fly out myself where possible, or have the owner fly in. It's also a LOT less expensive this way.

I know of a few American breeders that have sold to Japan and China for example, or even India. Cambria comes to mind. South American breeders more readily ship to Europe as well.

Registered
We have sold puppies overseas. My point was not that you cannot get a puppy from the US, but that you can get a similar puppy from Laurent with a lot less stress on the puppy and the buyer.
I was simply offering more context for OP - this is something I've seen Europeans express surprise at time and time again about how reluctant American breeders can be at the idea of shipping. I've seen stud contracts that even forbid from selling outside of NA or the US. Just a different dog-
I also don't want to assume OP's reasons for wanting an American dog, and it's nice I think as a buyer to know you have multiple options.

Registered
Hey! Wanna know if you found one? I actually live in France and i'am searching for an american doberman too!
Thanks!

Registered
Hello everyone!
Please excuse my rather amatourish English 'cause it's not my mother tongue!馃槵

Anyways, I've been interested in American Dobermans for a long time now, as I find them physically more appealing but also more suitable for my lifestyle, thanks to their temperament.
I did a lot of research on multiple breeders who seemed reputable, but sadly they won't ship overseas. Infact, most of them demand a personal meeting and prefer a local pickup of the puppy (which I totally understand, don't get me wrong here!).

But due to COVID, I legally can't take a flight to the US and there's no planned change for it soon. If there'd be one, trust me, I'd patiently wait.
Therefore, I'm asking if somebody could recommend reputable breeders who'd ship overseas?
I'd be more than happy, if someone could help me out here!馃槃

Hallo, haben Sie inzwischen einen Dobermann Z眉chter gefunden, der nach Deutschland einen schickt oder evtl einen Z眉chter in Europa gefunden, der diese Rasse z眉chtet? Viele Gr眉脽e Tayfun 脺nal

Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
I thought I'd post a translation of Tayfun's post--It's from Microsoft Translate, so it might not be the best translation, but it seems close enough to me:
"Hello, have you now found a Doberman breeder who sends one to Germany or possibly found a breeder in Europe who breeds this breed? Best regards Tayfun 脺nal"

Registered
I know breeders who won't sell a puppy any further away from their home than they'd want to go to reclaim one. They are people who feel strongly about being able to take a dog back if something goes wrong and who have either had to do it in the past or know someone who has. I suspect they also are less trusting of sunny "everything's great" emails than of actually seeing the dog now and then. Of course people can move after they get a puppy, but the breeders do their best up front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts