Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am filling in the stud contract this week for Am / Can Ch Starlaine Wild Wild West "Mariah's" breeding this spring (about the first part of March). Puppies due in May.

Mariah will be taking a plane ride to visit Ann and Jim White at Cambria dobermans in Holton, Indiana. My good friend and Mariah's breeder, Elaine Hopper, of Starlaine dobermans will be co-breeding this litter with me. I am very happy to have her assistance and expertise for this foundation litter.

The Sire of this litter [pictured with Ann White below] will be Ch Cambria's Out for Justice "Nick." He is a Ch Cambria's Cactus Cash Son (from frozen semen).

Health testing on both dogs is favorable for breeding; both are cardio gene negative, OFA hips good, holter normal, echocardiogram normal, and thyroid panel normal. Mariah is a #3 black and Nick is a #4 black; no dilution puppy will be sired. Mariah is vWd clear and Nick is vWd carrier; no vWd affected will be sired.

We already have plenty of applicants for this litter. Mariah is from a litter of 12 and Nick has sired some lovely puppies 5 in one litter and 6 in another. So we should have a nice size litter; hopefully not in double digits.

I will be keeping the best male out of the litter. More information about the progress of the pregnancy will be posted when available.

VERY EXCITING STUFF. STAY TUNED. Tracy and Mariah

X

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
How exciting! Congrats and good luck! Planning on keeping one? Boy or girl? Look forward to updates and pics!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. I hope everything works out perfectly for you!:) I will have to look at his dq pic as I have never seen him. Best wishes and thanks for posting. Cant wait to see the babies!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Best wishes for a healthy, beautiful litter! Nick is a very handsome guy, and Mariah is gorgeous, they should make some lovely pups.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Very exciting! Best of luck with the litter, I hope you get everything you want in the puppies!

Do you have any litter themes picked out yet?

Reactions: dragonman

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
she is a very pretty girl! she should make some gorgeous pups, and the daddy is pretty spectacular also.

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Should be a nice litter! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Congrats Tracy, this should be a beautiful breeding. Love both mom and dad!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Sounds like an awesome litter of babies, to come.

What does this mean - Mariah is a #3 black and Nick is a #4 black ??

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like an awesome litter of babies, to come.

What does this mean - Mariah is a #3 black and Nick is a #4 black ??
Well there are 9 different genotypes that make up the 4 different doberman colors.

There is black #1 BBDD: This is the dominant black and will produce black color no matter what color the other breeding dog is.

Black #2 BBDd is black that carries the blue color dilution gene ("d") but blue color will only be produced by another if bred to another dog which carries the blue dilution gene.

Black #3 BbDD (Mariah's color) is a black dog without the dilution gene. They can produce reds because they have the red gene ("b").

Black #4 BbDd (Nick's color) is a black dog with the dilution gene ("d"). Because he carries the red gene ("b) as well he can produce all 4 colors depending on who he is bred to.

Check out the color inheritance chart on the DPCA's website.

DPCA | The Doberman | Standard

Tracy.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Should be a very nice litter, it seems like only yesterday that she was a puppy. Good luck!

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
It's hard to believe that Mariah was born over 4 years ago. Tracy has done a magnificent job training and conditioning Mariah and is an integral part of her success as an American and Canadian Champion.

I am looking forward to co-breeding this litter with her and watching the next generation take their place in the world.

Here's to a lot of fun and lots of updates for you all!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I LOVE nick and his brother such stunning dogs!

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
I know how exciting this is for you Tracy. Here's hoping the boy of your dreams will be in this litter.

I'm looking forward to seeing these puppies--let's see--if she has puppies in May they'll be old enough to play show dogs in November or thereabouts--maybe we'll get to see you with Mariah's kid at Rose City next year.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts