Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mannfeld
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all....

I've been feeding my boy, Torque, about .5 - .75 lb of chicken wings in the morning with his kibble (Taste of the Wild.) All is fine but I'm wondering if/what other parts of the chicken would be just as good but a little less expensive. Wings are going for about $2/lb but whole leg quarters (for example) are $0.79/lb. Just wondering if the leg quarters would be just as good.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thx.

Michael

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Are you feeding the raw with bones along with the kibble? From what I understand you shouldn't feed raw with kibble at the same time if it has bones in it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chicken quarters are terrific. Alex gets one every morning. Pork necks usually run around $1.29/ lb, if you can find pork hocks they are usually around the same price and keeps the dog busy for a good 20 minutes. Chicken wings aren't really good to feed as there is very little meat compared to bone. The chicken quarters give a perfect ratio, or, if you can get full chickens for $0.89 or $0.99, you can go that route as well. Requires a little more work, but a 4-5 pound chicken can be chopped into 4 good size meals and then you can feed the heart, gizzard and liver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts