Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if Bruno has a bit of an allergy. I don't really have grass here at my apartment. So Bruno is never really near it (where we bring him to run, it's all gravel).

Anyway, we had obedience class yesterday. And I noticed the last time, as well as this time. That Bruno's nose was running like crazy the minute he went on the grass outside?? Now, it stopped inside and it didn't happen before we got that. Just when he's sniffing the grass.

Could he be allergic? And if he is, is there a way to treat it without going to medication? (I'd like to not put him on meds, but if I have to, I will. I'm not a med taker myself, so I don't wanna push it on him either).

Really sucks if he is :( Maybe that's whats wrong with his eyes? But then that started in January/Febuary. So who knows. But I'm just wondering about the grass thing now???

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not a meds taker either...I just sometimes will take something for allergies if it gets out of hand...but mostly suffer through the runny nose,lol.....hope he gets better...

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I know in my area, tree pollen has been really high right now and some of mold count has been detected. Usually, Nikki might get goopey eye for a few days, but it clears up in a few days. Last spring was really bad for a few weeks, but it cleared up. I would expect it would be like humans, each one affects others differently

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. I bet that's what it is then. I also remember someone on here saying they're first spring is always hte worst?

I just hate that his nose is runny like that. Cuz obviously he can't wipe it LOL. Poor guy :(

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
if it gets any worse...allergies can be often confused with mites I believe...thats what happend to coco. There is some things you can do to try to boost his immune system like changing his food...we changed coco's food to a salmon kind wellness I believe. Then does anyone know what TransFactor is good for? cause my mom started giving it to him when he got his allergies...along with some other stuff...
who knows maybe it is the wind irritating his nose...kind of like how our eyes water...lol I dont know lol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
He can wipe his nose!! don't you see him wiping his face on the couch, chair, your leg LOL hope he gets better soon.. No fun it you can't go grazing in the grass.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAHA yeah he does wipe it all over ;)

But I'm almost positive it's allergies. I'm actually headed to the pet store today. I'm going to see what other food options are available from the ones mentioned in here. I'm also taking him off hte puppy food now. Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I hope you find out what the problem is and fix is so he feels better soon.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java hada bout of pink eye in March , and now has a bit of 'goopy eye' as Kratty called it. Also a bit of a runny nose on the weekend. The inside of her eyes aren't as inflammed as it was when she had pink eye, nor is she waking up with any 'crustiness' (sorry - for lack of a better term) around the eyes, so given the amount of light green pollen that covered my car yesterday, I would guess that it's allergies. My eyes and nose have been watering a bit as well this year and I don't have a history of allergies.

I have been keeping one of her facecloths handy, dampening it with warm water and wiping her eyes in the morning, then tossing it into the wash. At least this way I can keep tads to see if the condition is getting worse. Once we get a good steady rain to take the pollen out of the air, things should clear up.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah. I'm almost sure he has some sort of allergies. I know I have TERRIBLE allergies. Which just started the last 3yrs or so. Which are going nuts right now. So I believe that's gotta be whats wrong. He goes to the vets on May 11th. So I'll have them see what they think.

See, his nose ONLY runs if we're outside around grass, or a field type of place. For longer then 10 mins or so. Then he starts to get runny. Other wise he's fine.Like in the car, he's fine. Just when he starts to sniff everything outside lol. He does get "goopy eye" tho. Not everyday. But every few days I find myself cleaning his eyes out for him. I heard that was quite normal tho. So I wasn't worried about that.

But, also his eyes get like, hmmm, they're like little pimples. Which we thought were mites. Because he's been scratching like nuts (not so much anymore). But he had a scrape done and it didn't show anything. But we still treated him for the mites. But I believe there's something else going on. So I guess we'll see when we go back to the vets. Other wise he's fine. I'd like to change his food. But I haven't had any luck finding any good brands around here. So I'm still looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts