Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we get back from houston Saturday Evening and yesterday morning I decided to take the dogs to our horse ranch and spend the day doing nature walks and looking for cool rocks for the fish tank we pull the truck up to the dried up river bed and let the dogs out me and my SO were walking through the woods for not even ten minutes when he said alice cut her leg. So i checked the one he pointed at it was just a little nick no rip or bleeding so i was like its ok but i decided to check the other leg just to be sure and lifted it up to a huge hole threw her arm pit. I couldn't even tell she was hurt she wasn't acting like she was in pain she still wanted to run and play wasn't limping or whining or anything. So then i realize its SUNDAY all the vets in my county are closed to I have to drive to a vet 45 min away just to get her to a vet. How stupid is that they don't close ER rooms on weekends vets shouldn't do it. But anyways we get there they sedate her and stitch her up poor baby. But they also did a full blood work up and everything liver, kidneys etc are normal so we were happy about that also no now that she is vwd negative we did a test for that . Then she came home and was as drunk as a skunk after being sedated she was like a little child that didn't want to admit she was tired she would just stand there and start falling over than snap out of it then she would fall over then do it again until i forced her on the could and rubbed her belly till she fell asleep. Know I havent been on here that much just been very busy. Im not going anywhere

·
Super Moderator
21,988 Posts
Glad she's okay.

If you did a Von Willebrand's test in the vet's office, rather than the DNA test you send away, it's notoriously unreliable. If you don't know her status, you'll want to run the DNA test. You can order the kits online, I think.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Glad she's okay.

If you did a Von Willebrand's test in the vet's office, rather than the DNA test you send away, it's notoriously unreliable. If you don't know her status, you'll want to run the DNA test. You can order the kits online, I think.
I'm glad she's ok, but I'm getting irritated at vet's that don't know the difference bewteen the DNA test and the ELISA test. You'll want to do the DNA test. There is Vetgen and Vetnostic (I think that's it).The ELISA test is not reliable to determine VWD status in dobermans.

Reactions: bubsy

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That was intense. Glad Alice is fine. I think she's just a sweet little doll.

Wondered where you have been. Glad you are back.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
awww poor Alice! isnt it amazing how they refuse to lay down and rest when they are hurt? My two are always putting up fights when they should be resting! Tell her to lay down and behave so she can get better fast! And give her lots of the good treats!! Feel better fast sweet girl!

Reactions: TxDobieLady

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone wish i could post photos but usb cable is broken and my how she has grown since christmas she is about 60 lbs now and i am having such a hard time keeping her still she is a little trooper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts