Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She hasnt eaten is 3 days days she very lethargic she keep throwing up but its clear and sometimes stomach bile. She wont even eat human food her head is shaking back and forth i dont know what to do we dont have a vet in town for 2 more days im freaking out

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Is there any other clinic available? What does your vet suggest when in an emergency? Have you offered her some water (in a syringe if she doesn't want it)? What are her gums like? How often does she vomit? How fast is her HR and breathing?

Scary situation! I hope you can find someone soon :(

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she drinks water. she refuses any and all food. She is so lethargic ive never seen a dog like this unless they have parvo which isnt consistent with her throwing up water and bile for 3 days i am about to go barrow a thermometer so i can take her temp. The closest clinic is 90 min away until monday at noon

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
she drinks water. she refuses any and all food. She is so lethargic ive never seen a dog like this unless they have parvo which isnt consistent with her throwing up water and bile for 3 days i am about to go barrow a thermometer so i can take her temp. The closest clinic is 90 min away until monday at noon
With those symptoms and the fact she has not eaten in 3 days then I'd be making the drive, she sounds very ill and waiting till monday could be far to late! Please get in the car and go!
Hugs, love, and good thoughts to Alice from Me, Mabel, and the rest of the gang.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If an animal is throwing up repeatedly, refusing food, and acting very poorly, it points very strongly towards an obstruction! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! If you love your dog and don't want to run the risk of her losing her life, which I am positive is the case with you, you will get her in the car NOW and drive her the ninety minutes. Good luck!!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Drive 4 hours if you have to! Go to Dallas or another major city where they'll have e-vets!
This times ten. If you sit on your rear and wait and it goes sour it's going to be really bad and the only person to blame will be yourself. It sounds like she's suffering. Get in your car and drive 90 minutes or more, whatever it takes to figure out and fix whatever is wrong.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Vibes for Alice.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts