Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am looking into getting a Dobermann pup from a reuptable breeder and came accross this one and was wondering what if any reputation they have?

I have never bought a Dobermann before so was also wondering what questions I should be asking if any?

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
I do believe they do the proper health testing and have Euro bloodline dogs. They are *I believe* heavy into working which is great if that is what you are wanting to do. I think someone on here said that they prefer working homes? Another member said that they are not an ideal dog for a first time doberman owner due to high drive.

What are you looking for in a dog?

They are a reputable breeder and seem to do the proper health testing, training, and titling of their dogs, so if you get a good vibe from them, why not. Breeders can usually help you on a more personal level with a simple phone call.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe they do the proper health testing and have Euro bloodline dogs. They are *I believe* heavy into working which is great if that is what you are wanting to do. I think someone on here said that they prefer working homes? Another member said that they are not an ideal dog for a first time doberman owner due to high drive.

What are you looking for in a dog?

They are a reputable breeder and seem to do the proper health testing, training, and titling of their dogs, so if you get a good vibe from them, why not. Breeders can usually help you on a more personal level with a simple phone call.
I love the look of all Dobermanns really I am not a first time dog owner I do have a 6 year old stafferdshire terrier it does not matter to me what kind of Dobermann I like the working dogs yes becuase I would like the dog to be able to protect the house while still being able to be a good family pet and be trusted around children I am not really looking for a show dog because I am not looking to show :) I just want a happy, healthy dog that is protective of its family but still friendly and outgoing.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I think by "working dog" she meant dogs who have a job. Participate in working sports. Serious working dobermans from that perspective will be a whole lotta dog and he/she is going to need something to do to focus and use the energy and drive they are selectively bred for.

No comment on the breeder, as I don't know them other than what's on here. Just clarifying terms (which I hope helped) :)

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think by "working dog" she meant dogs who have a job. Participate in working sports. Serious working dobermans from that perspective will be a whole lotta dog and he/she is going to need something to do to focus and use the energy and drive they are selectively bred for.

No comment on the breeder, as I don't know them other than what's on here. Just clarifying terms (which I hope helped) :)
Oh ok thanks for the info I was not aware of that I will make sure I give the dog a "Job" to do would obidence class be a "job"?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
All puppies should go to obedience class, IMO, so you are on the right track! :)

To answer the question though, nope... A puppy ob class is not a dog with a job :)

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All puppies should go to obedience class, IMO, so you are on the right track! :)

To answer the question though, nope... A puppy ob class is not a dog with a job :)
Oh I know all dogs should go to obedience class perhaps that is not the word I was looking for hat do you call it when they follow a track and jump over things, go through and under things lol hahaha I am also looking into Schutzhund.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
If you decide you want to do schutzhund, Aldercrest would be a more suitable pick. If you are just looking for an active pet, there are many many other breeders who will be able to give you a beautiful, healthy, happy puppy who is also naturally protective of your family. Most well bred Dobermans of all lines will fit your first 'qualities' that you listed.

Where are you located? People may be able to throw out other options to look into as well

ETA: Oh goodness, nvm. just now caught up on this 'poser'

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
the OP was banned, due to having multiple banned accounts :)

If you decide you want to do schutzhund, Aldercrest would be a more suitable pick. If you are just looking for an active pet, there are many many other breeders who will be able to give you a beautiful, healthy, happy puppy who is also naturally protective of your family. Most well bred Dobermans of all lines will fit your first 'qualities' that you listed.

Where are you located? People may be able to throw out other options to look into as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts