Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up close and personal snoot action!
She cracks me up, best mannered dog I have ever owned. Sweet as can be to everyone. This is my first doberman and I know I have heard they get more aloof around 2 years of age but I couldn't imagine it with her; she is just a social butterfly.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
She cracks me up, best mannered dog I have ever owned. Sweet as can be to everyone. This is my first doberman and I know I have heard they get more aloof around 2 years of age but I couldn't imagine it with her; she is just a social butterfly.
She's got the sweetest eyes! My boy was an absolute social butterfly (his butt would wiggle if he even thought someone wanted to say hi to him), couldn't get enough attention from everyone until he turned about 3+, and now he's a bit more aloof. When he wants attention from strangers, he'll seek it out, but otherwise he'll just let them pet him while he looks around. He's a bit more excited about attention from girls vs. guys, but will take it from whoever is available when he's feeling needy. He got sooooo excited over a cute blonde pouring wines at bevmo this past weekend.... :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Potential... I love the photo, the floppy ears, the eyes... AHH the eyes... UBER CUTE

MadMony...Frat boy... bwaha ha ha

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
Mine is still in the terrible 2's stage at 6 months
Lord, mines 5 months and it's like having 3 pre schoolers at times, she'll run around like crazy chasing one of the other dogs. Things shake, fall, sounds like a herd of cattle. I have to laugh even though it's a pain sometimes.

When I hear u guys say "DOBERTEENS" I start to sweat! I barely made it thru my human kids teen years !! Well at least Zeena won't be driving my car ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny stuff.. I was relieved to find this thread.. Jackson is 5 months and I'm embarrassed to share what he's started doing the last couple days.. Since he can't use his 45lbs to push his big sis around (90lbs) he just tries to pee on her,.,. The final straw was last night when he jumped up on the couch and gave it a shot.. :screama: besides that he the sweetest fella you'll ever meet..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Funny stuff.. I was relieved to find this thread.. Jackson is 5 months and I'm embarrassed to share what he's started doing the last couple days.. Since he can't use his 45lbs to push his big sis around (90lbs) he just tries to pee on her,.,. The final straw was last night when he jumped up on the couch and gave it a shot.. :screama: besides that he the sweetest fella you'll ever meet..
I think I just pee-d on myself reeding this!!!:roflmao:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Coco(one in the picture) is 6 months in two days. She is quite the character to say the least. Favorite activities include but not limited to: Stealing my laundry and ripping my underwear to shreds, surveying what is on the counter in the kitchen, knocking over shampoo from the bathtub ledge to watch it fall which I later find the next morning fully emptied in the tub, trying to wrestle with me at 4AM, etc etc etc... I just hope she does not have a frat girl phase.. I don't think I could handle that again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having a hard time believing that there are Doberteen owners who allow them to sleep uncrated. Seems like I'm reading that alot of them just let them sleep in their bedrooms on their bed or on doggie bed.. There's NO WAY I can leave Jackson left unattended, not even while I go to the bathroom.. he knows when I'm "tied up" and gets into whatever it was that I was able to keep him out of.. I now understand what the mother of a toddler feels like.. :lol2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm having a hard time believing that there are Doberteen owners who allow them to sleep uncrated. Seems like I'm reading that alot of them just let them sleep in their bedrooms on their bed or on doggie bed.. There's NO WAY I can leave Jackson left unattended, not even while I go to the bathroom.. he knows when I'm "tied up" and gets into whatever it was that I was able to keep him out of.. I now understand what the mother of a toddler feels like.. :lol2:
In all honesty once she hops in and I tell her quit it etc a few times she does her little twirl and hits the hay. Lately she has been putting herself to sleep wherever and I've been able to leave the door open for her to jump in later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts