Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Duchess ran away!! (not really) lol

Today the girls I babysit stopped by my house to say hi. They opened the door...and was slow about coming in...and Duchess managed to wiggle outside. She has never been outside of front of the house with no fence without a leash...
she trotted...down the porch....and on to the sidewalk...which then you reach the yard...and then we said calmly "Duchess come on get back inside..." and she came trotting right back in and didnt attempt to play any catch me if you can games. Our house is in the suburbs but its the corner house...and so if she did run away and act like a fool it is very dangerous with more streets. Im so proud of her. lol she is growing up into a mature young lady finally lol.

:cool2:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
WTG Dutchess, and congratulations to you LD! You deserve a pat on the back, she would never have reacted and behaved the way she did if it weren't for your training and hard work with her!

Now that said, we can do all our training and hard work and still run in to accidents, BUT we work to avoid them like with Dutchess today :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! That is very true! My boyfriends golden...(still young) when he accidently would get out through the open door he would run around the yard...and across the street. lucky they dont have much traffic but still. scary.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Awww good girl Duchess :D

Bruno, since a pup has been on and off leash while outside. So he's very good when he's without to come when called. Or to sit when we say sit (while outside without a lead). Now it's just getting him to walk NICELY while on the leash ha ha ha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts