Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club sponsored an agility trial this weekend so Oscar and I were there to help out. (I was taking pictures, and Oscar was basically extorting attention from anyone who would provide it.) We were settled in ringside before 7 AM and our oldest club member came and sat next to me. She had her cup of coffee in hand, laid her donut on her thigh and let out a soft sigh after finally getting comfortable in her chair. She said hello to Oscar then turned her attention to me...well, that was his cue...in slow motion, he tilted his head sideways, opened his mouth wide like an alligator, silently grabbed the poor little old lady's donut off her leg and swallowed it in one bite, leaving no evidence! Hey, it was blueberry, and that's his favorite! I could not stop laughing! Thank goodness she's a good sport and there were plenty more donuts.

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took for our club newsletter:
Of course border collies dominate the sport:

Sassie the Springer on deck:

A Canaan dog:

Here's the dobie (no it's not Oscar--we don't do agility):

Someone took Oscar over a practice jump:

Strange thing that the standard poodles move very slowly and cautiously through the weave poles. There were some beautiful poodles (but they were no Doodle):

Various participants:

Oscar's favorite pastime is soliciting kisses from willing ladies:

My favorite shot of the day:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That looks like so much fun. I love the jumping dobies. The black poodle in the weave looks so dainty. I have been toying with getting Doodle in agility for fun. I would be sending him in every direction but the right way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Great pictures....many different breeds. Thanks for sharing them. What is it about doberman's having to kiss everyone - gotta love it. The one comming out of the tunnel is a Malinois :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Oscar demonstrated above-average agility getting ahold of that donut.

These guys are always thinking!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Great pictures Sooz. I love the picture of Oscar kissing the lady, he look's like an excellent ambassador of the breed!! And the shot of the doberman flying over the jump...wow he is pretty high!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Great shots. Agility I think could become my passion. Something about all that running around and jumping. Reminds me of my horse days. However, we do need control first.(sigh)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Wow, that looks like so much fun.......I really have to get my butt to an event in person! Great shots Sooz, and Oscar looked Super on his jump :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
OMG sooz, these were just awesome! I loved every one of these pics...I want to come to your club, lol It had my most of my fav breeds....dobie, SP and border collie..I am partial to the GSD too.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Wow, that dobe CLEARED that jump with plenty to spare, Almost all the dobes I have seen jump, seem to kick their back legs in the air when they get over it, it cracks me up every time I see it! The boxer is adorable also :D Maybe when Rommel's Schutzhund career is over we can do some agility. It will all depend on how those hip x-rays come back in a little less than a year. Fun Pics :D Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow great photos! Love the jumping dobe, what a leap!! And the one of Oscar kissing the lady is gorgeous :biggthump
Abbie wants to say well done to Oscar for the donut munching :cool2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts