Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i took Tia to her first Agility comp over the weekend and things didn't go as planned but we had a good time anyway.First Chelsie hurt her leg(not bad and it is ok now) but mrs b didn't want her running round so she stayed home with Amber and Mischa as well,so off i went on my own so didn't get much chance to get pics(i was busy running Tia and i helped out on the rings (entering times and stuff on the computers),Tia didn't go clear in any of her 4 runs but everyone said how good she was considering i chucked her in at the deep end after only 12 weeks training.Tia's breeder was there with all of Tia's family we had 5 Dobes there(it would have been so much fun with all 8) so i managed to get a few shots when we took them on the exercise fields.
(please tell anybody who thinks Dobermans are nasty dogs there was times on this field when there was 50 or more dogs of all types running round and never once did our Dobes cause any trouble)

We played a game where Julie(Tia's breeder) would take them up the field then tell them to "get" me and they would run at me like lunatics with me closing my eyes and just taking multi shots!!(but Tia was always leading the pack to Daddy)

Then we got them to line up as best we could,so from left to right Cassie (Tia's cousin) Jazz (Tia's Mommy) Tango (Tia's Aunty and Mom to Cassie) Blaze (Tia's litter Sister) and of course Daddy's little star at the end.4 of these 5 dogs are on the top of Dobermantalks page header(not Cassie as she was only 5 weeks old when that pic was took)

Same gang different line up (For the next weekend long show we will take all 8 of the girls and i am having some T-shirts made with "The Doberman Gang" printed on them

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Wow Brum! What a great weekend you had - sounds like a ton of fun. I'm sorry that Mrs B and the rest of the pack could not make it this time. I think it is great that you are taking the plunge into agility - it looks like so much fun!

Reactions: brumwolf

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Oh Brum--how wonderful. I stopped dead in my tracks and well the group pic. Tango is my Sadie ( who died in 2004--she was a black uncropped bitch) I could have sworn it was her. Made me happy and sad to see at the same time.
Thanks for sharing--just beautiful.

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Brum--how wonderful. I stopped dead in my tracks and well the group pic. Tango is my Sadie ( who died in 2004--she was a black uncropped bitch) I could have sworn it was her. Made me happy and sad to see at the same time.
Thanks for sharing--just beautiful.
Well Tango is from an old British line called Findjans which was more than likely influenced by Fred Curnow and Jean Faulks Tavey's lines and they imported Dobes from the U.S. to use in their breeding programs.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well Tango is from an old British line called Findjans which was more than likely influenced by Fred Curnow and Jean Faulks Tavey's lines and they imported Dobes from the U.S. to use in their breeding programs.
I am going to have to look up my Sadies`s papers. I haven`t looked at them for years--too sad. (Its time though--happy memories are coming through) Is Tango silly. We nicknamed Sadie--Silly Sadie. We loved her. And could she run. She ran with greyhounds one time (she was turned loose in a huge yard at Purina Farms (they don`t allow that anymore) There were greyhounds and she could keep up with them and never became winded. I think her greyhound ancestors were awakened that day. She ran for the pure joy of it with a smile on her face. Funiest thing you ever saw.

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brum,

How fun, love that group picture! Thanks for posting. Even the weather looked great.

Robin and Rex
Yeah best weekend of the summer so far(stupid me got sunburn)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Now those are some fantastic shots!!!!!!!! I just love that you have so many beautiful dobies in one pic. You must have been in heaven. So did you make it home without attaining another one? :)

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now those are some fantastic shots!!!!!!!! I just love that you have so many beautiful dobies in one pic. You must have been in heaven. So did you make it home without attaining another one? :)
Not from want of trying Tango loves to stay at my house anyway !!!! :):):)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I love those group shots.

I can't for the life of me to get all four of my guys to sit like that, and you did five!

From what I have heard, that was the best weather you guys have had since the Big Bike Race started off in London first week of July.

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love those group shots.

I can't for the life of me to get all four of my guys to sit like that, and you did five!

From what I have heard, that was the best weather you guys have had since the Big Bike Race started off in London first week of July.
Yeah and the area we were in was affected by flooding just over a week ago,it was not possible to drink the tap water there, we had to have bottled water.
As for the group pic that took a lot of treats ;);):)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Sounds like you had fun at the family reunion.....er agility competition.

What a bunch of bitches!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
OMG, how great is that! Wonderful pictures Brum. It looks like you guys (and gals) had a blast!!!! I hope Miss Chelsie is doing okay......... Great pics :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Great pics! Glad the weather turned out nice. I had visions of you tenting in the rain. Speaking from personal experience, not always the most fun.

Also, glad Chelsie is alright.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Great pics! The groups shots are great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts