Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year Mark and I try to be very responsible and use taxes to pay off bills or put in savings and every year we say that the next year we will each splurge on something that we normally wouldn't spend money on. Well this is the year that I'm going to splurge :)
http://www.affordableagility.com/agilityinbag.htm
How much fun is this going to be??? I'm so excited. I've not gotten anywhere with conning the construction workers out of the pylons and pvc pipe thingys and since neither Mark or I are very industrious when it comes to making stuff, I've come to the conclusion the only way to get agility stuff is to buy agility stuff :)
I think this will be a good starter set :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I built some for our dogs from PVC pipes and fittings about 2 years ago.. it is great fun.. also check out Ebay as there are lots of agility things there are very reasonable prices.. I bought a couple of things from there myself..
One cheap thing you can make for your self is a ladder walk.. that a regular ladder for it.. that is the only thing Spirit did not like to do.. He just could not get over the fact that he has a backend and how to control it..Well, good luck and have a blast!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I've been watching ebay also Frznbuns, I really want a tunnel, as we had a few chances in class to try to use one, and Lexus was kinda unsure about them. Hubby built me an adjustable jump, and I'd really like the A frame also. I know he could build me one, the problem is providing the proper motivation to get his butt in gear on it!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Actually, that's not a bad price considering what all you get and that it all conveniently fits into a carrying bag so you can take it anywhere! I probably have way more than that invested in the stuff I made at home, but I have three bar jumps, a tire jump, a broad jump, a short tunnel (made from a blue plastic 55-gal barrel w/ both ends cut out) an adjustable-height teeter-totter, an A-frame and a dog walk. That stuff is MUCH too heavy to carry around anywhere! The pause box in the ad seems to be just a square frame that sits on the ground. I also have a wooden table w/ short legs and carpet on top for traction for a pause table. I spent a lot of time making stuff and taping colored tape on the bars, so if you're looking for convenience and dont want to try your skills at making that stuff yourself, I'd say go for it. Agility is so much fun, even if your dog just learns to do the obstacles for fun & exercise, and not so much for speed and competition. That's what Dar does...it's her playground !

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Lexus said:
I've been watching ebay also Frznbuns, I really want a tunnel, as we had a few chances in class to try to use one, and Lexus was kinda unsure about them. Hubby built me an adjustable jump, and I'd really like the A frame also. I know he could build me one, the problem is providing the proper motivation to get his butt in gear on it!!
Proper motivation for a hubby! Duh!! Honey think about it! LOL!
I know with the proper motivation(hee Hee) my hubby would do just about anything. Hell what am I saying, he would do anything! LOL

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
TracyJo said:
compared to what y'all have seen on e-bay, is this stuff too expensive or a pretty good price?
it is not a bad price at all! I also think you should go for it. but you could also pick up a couple of other things on Ebay to make a BIG course! HeeHee

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
frznbuns said:
Proper motivation for a hubby! Duh!! Honey think about it! LOL!
I know with the proper motivation(hee Hee) my hubby would do just about anything. Hell what am I saying, he would do anything! LOL

Heheh, I'll let you know how it turns out:thumbs-up !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts