Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am new to this forum. My wife and I are looking for a Dobie to add to our family. We are semi retired and feel we have plenty of time and love to give to a new member of our family. We lost our Dobe-Rott mix (Emma) 2 years ago and think its time to add a new member.

I have been looking around at websites all over the USA and found a few I like, just want to get some opinions.
Has any one heard of a kennel FastMovers from CA. Fast Movers Dobermans - Fast Movers Dobermans

They look to have some decent dogs I am kind of confused what breeding they have , I was looking at this CH Group 1 Honey Orca von Wolf Stamm - Fast Movers Dobermans

I know nothing much about titles , Is Ch group 1 a good title and what is this title from :confused:

The other one is Foxfire dobermans Foxfire Dobermans - Breeder-Owner of AKC Top Producing Doberman Pinschers
They have some very nice dogs from what I can see in the photos.

We have not contacted anyone as my wife and I have just finally found the two we liked and want some feed back before we make some emails.
Thanks to anyone with some advice. :)

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Foxfire- I'd buy from them in a NY minute. There are many Foxfire kids on DT.

Fastmovers- not familiar with them. Let me check them out and see if they've been mentioned on DT in the past.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Foxfire- I'd buy from them in a NY minute.
I've not heard of FastMovers. I skimmed their site.. They health test but I don't think I saw anything on holters/cardio. I also can't tell what titles they get on their dogs themselves and what titles come with the dogs from Europe.

I feel the same way about Foxfire that Sam&Macksmom does.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

I was not sure what a Ch group 1 title is from , I saw some health tests but was not sure if this was all that would need to be done.

I will do some more research.

Foxfire seems very highly regarded

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Reactions: zoomatl

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
I don't know anything about Fast Movers Dobermans but they look like two different kinds of kennels. Foxfire is a very successful show kennel and Fast Movers looks like they've imported working lines and are showing some as well.

What are you hoping to do with your pup? Is there a certain type you prefer?

I would ask Fast Movers more about the health testing they do. They don't mention anything about annual cardio testing - echo & holter - and that would be an immediate deal breaker for me if they don't do that. Even if they've done the genetic test for the one gene found involved in DCM, it really doesn't tell you anything helpful about a dog. It adds to the greater good of the research, but that's pretty much it at this point.

Reactions: Dobiewankanobi

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Fastmovers is a fairly new breeder in CA. Their foundation bitch came from that breeding of Trotyl x a european show line bitch. I think her name is Adara By The Sea. I know they finished a pup from their first litter fairly quickly, it was shown in my area-not my style of dog, but a good dog. Too early to say much about them in terms of reliability, breeder support, etc., as they're so new. Not to say they don't offer good breeder support...who knows.

I'm one of those people who own a Foxfire dog, and I couldn't be happier with him. I've owned a lot of dobermans, and he's one of my favorites.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all

My wife and I are just looking for a healthy pet. We like to go hiking and travel around the country in our RV. We are pretty new to the purebred world as before we had a cross.

I do want health tests done that is important especially heart. If fast movers does not do that it could be a red flag !! As that is a major problem with this breed is Cardio. I went back and no where does it show they test for Cardio.

I will check more into Foxfire.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love by the sea dobermans!! It seems Fast movers are at least using the right dogs in their breeding program!! I would first check on the holter/echo as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fast Movers Doberman Owner

Hello,

Just wanted to post as a Fast Movers puppy owner. I have a nine month old dog from this kennel and I am so, so satisified! He is a Kondor vom Excaliber x Adara by the Sea and he is gorgeous. Sound conformation, good bone structure without being too bulky/working dog style, and a lovely head. Not one health issue. I get compliments on him everywhere we go- this line produces some beautiful dogs, and also SMART. This boy is the smartest dog I've ever owned; he learns things with amazing ease. The breeder support was fantastic- she was right there with us and still is, always ready to answer questions, offer advice, and help in any way. Fast Movers is breeding both their bitches this spring and I would heartily recommend them to anyone looking for high quality Dobermans. The breeder is always open to questions/inquiries, so if you have questions about health testing (cardio, etc.) I would recommend you email the address on the website. Thanks!

Satisfied fastmovers owner

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I'm also one of the Foxfire Dobe owners! Jordan (pictured below) is my 4th Doberman from Michelle! I absolutely adore their temperaments and looks, of course! :)

Jan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts