Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am just after a bit of advice really... Its a week today that bella has come into her first season and she is now 8 and a half months old. She has just started aimlessly wandering around the house whining and crying. I take her out and she doesnt want to do anything but sniff and try to temp me into letting her off her lead (which i wont surrender too lol!)
Is this her trying to look for a mate? I do feel ever so sorry for her! She just doesnt know what to do with herself and this is all new to her! Maybe she is in pain like us women experience? I dont know and this is my first time experiencing it.
Also i have noticed her period is a little heavier today. This will be her 8th day today..
Any advice would be great..
:thanx:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am just after a bit of advice really... Its a week today that bella has come into her first season and she is now 8 and a half months old. She has just started aimlessly wandering around the house whining and crying. I take her out and she doesnt want to do anything but sniff and try to temp me into letting her off her lead (which i wont surrender too lol!)
Is this her trying to look for a mate? I do feel ever so sorry for her! She just doesnt know what to do with herself and this is all new to her! Maybe she is in pain like us women experience? I dont know and this is my first time experiencing it.
Also i have noticed her period is a little heavier today. This will be her 8th day today..
Any advice would be great..
:thanx:
When my girls (now sadly deceased) were in season they used to go all mopey and would be right royal pains around the middle part of their cycle. I think it is due to the hormonal levels being off kilter, her body is telling her to go find a mate but she can't so she is showing her discomfort over it all.

It does get better, however, do not for one second take your eye off of her or she will be out the door, even out the window as soon as you do and then you will have to deal with an unwanted pregnancy or worse because of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts