·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: HerMewMew

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I understand her point to a point - but considering breed bans and insurance issues a dobe that bites is pretty much condemmed to death. Children are bitten most often and suffer more serious wounds than adults, I have no issue not adopting to children under 7. That said if the applicant has prior working breed experience and isn't an asshat about the policy the board will review the application.

The majority of dobes in shelters are impulse purchases in which people were in no way prepared for from pet stores or BYB what value is there to resell them to the same situation that got them into rescue in the first place?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand her point to a point - but considering breed bans and insurance issues a dobe that bites is pretty much condemmed to death. Children are bitten most often and suffer more serious wounds than adults, I have no issue not adopting to children under 7. That said if the applicant has prior working breed experience and isn't an asshat about the policy the board will review the application.

The majority of dobes in shelters are impulse purchases in which people were in no way prepared for from pet stores or BYB what value is there to resell them to the same situation that got them into rescue in the first place?
Yes, I agree with you. I've known people to impulse buy purebred dogs. They usually try to sell them though and not take them to the shelter. I guess if they can't sell them they end up in rescue or the shelter. It's good that you take into consideration other factors with families and not just "what's on paper" kind of thing. I think it makes a big difference!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts