Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,408 Posts
Wasn't the original white dobe (Shebah) American? And then you'd have to do a bit of breeding to fix the trait--I'm wondering about the claim "German lines".

In theory, byb claims aside, how many ancestors do you have to have of a particular type to be able to legitimately claim something like "German lines" or "show lines" or whatever?

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR (QUALITY)"--of course, you could read that in different ways.

·
Registered
44 Posts
pups are being sold as home pets only so do not ask me if they are registered with akc or ckc . They will come with the vet papers. **Life time support from me

..Maybe it's just me, but I'd want to know if they're registered with akc/ckc and have their (limited reg) papers Regardless of them being 'just home pets' or not, so I can track their lineage and parent's health records.

Gotta love byb.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I think it is illegal to sell a dog in Canada as purebred unless you also supply registration papers (which this guy is not). If someone were so inclined, I suspect he could be reported for this violation.
Yeah, that was what I was wondering about, as well.

Anyone who pays this cretin for one of those pups deserves to be parted from their money.

Reactions: cheechbalzano

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
pups are being sold as home pets only so do not ask me if they are registered with akc or ckc . They will come with the vet papers. **Life time support from me

..Maybe it's just me, but I'd want to know if they're registered with akc/ckc and have their (limited reg) papers Regardless of them being 'just home pets' or not, so I can track their lineage and parent's health records.

Gotta love byb.
maybe he has limited registration? though who knows, typically the kind of people selling albinos don't care about breeding rights...

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
they arent stating anywhere in the ad as far as i could see that these dogs are purebred- meaning they didnt use the word purebred. So they didnt break that rule.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully people will do some research before buying a pup from this guy. I found the add around 3am and was completely shocked. Thought I'd write a thread to see what some of you had to say.

·
Registered
907 Posts
"German Lines" errrr aren't the Europeans pretty militant about Dobes being Black/Red & Rust? No fawns or blues over there, and certainly no albinos!
Awww, didn't ya know? All Germans are Nazis, and therefore, all German dobes should be white! That's how you know they are TRUE German Doberman lines!
<snark>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts