Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi All,
cant believe i never thought about searching for a forum about my dogs till now. a little break down I've had 2 Doberman's previously a Black and Tan female Genesis 12yrs old past a cpl yrs ago and my Red Doberman 15yrs old Maximus just passed Dec 2020. Now I have a 8week old Blue Doberman Achilles. Ive had him for 1 week now and he is a pain in the butt lol. Well actually he is using the doggy door regularly now to go play and has his accidents a little bit. but i am excited to read up on everyone's experiences and training tips to help . its been so long since ive had a puppy around. and planning his ear crop here in the coming weeks

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,769 Posts
I'm sorry about your loss of Genesis and Maximus. It sounds like they sure made it to a ripe old senior age--how blessed you were. Though no matter how long they live, it is never long enough.

Achilles is a cute little guy. I hope you stick around, post lots of pictures and let us watch him grow up. :)

Welcome to DT from Colorado!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry about your loss of Genesis and Maximus. It sounds like they sure made it to a ripe old senior age--how blessed you were. Though no matter how long they live, it is never long enough.

Achilles is a cute little guy. I hope you stick around, post lots of pictures and let us watch him grow up. :)

Welcome to DT from Colorado!
thank you very much

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Welcome - I don't know if you have had a dilute Doberman before (blue and fawn), if you haven't, then read up on Color dilution alopecia. Blues and fawns tend to have thin brittle coats and will generally start losing hair coat by the age of two. Not every blue will lose coat, but about 75% will at least lose some. It has no bearing on the overall health of your Doberman, but will require some special care.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi CN. Welcome to you and Achilles from the Pacific NW!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
Welcome - I don't know if you have had a dilute Doberman before (blue and fawn), if you haven't, then read up on Color dilution alopecia. Blues and fawns tend to have thin brittle coats and will generally start losing hair coat by the age of two. Not every blue will lose coat, but about 75% will at least lose some. It has no bearing on the overall health of your Doberman, but will require some special care.
Thank you for the information ill start researching that info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts