Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, not sure if this belongs here or in health, but since Champ's healthy and this is fairly random, I'll just assume it can be posted here :biggrin55

Champ has some sort of abrasion or scrape alone the left side of his mouth, right on his lip where the skin should be black. Now I assume its from his Nylabone, which he's chewed up so much, the edge has become jagged. Threw that one out and I'll be picking up another one tomorrow. I may be wrong and it could be something else entirely, so here's a quick picture for anyone who may know;

So I'm wondering, is there any sort of ointment or cream I can put on area that's safe for dogs, or is there something specifically made for doggie use only? For the time being, I've taken away any "rough" toys and stopped giving him rawhides, trying to eliminate anything abrasive that can agitate the spot until it clears up, but unfortunately, it looks a little worse than earlier this week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think your on track with the Nylabone abrasion. Dont bother putting anything on it as it will last about a second before its licked away.
Just keep an eye on it for infection. Time should heal it.
How about a real bone next time? (after this heals) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, last week Champ got a hold of a steak bone when taken to my grandparent's house (nice big backyard for him to run around with my grandfather's hounds) and quickly came down with a case of the squirts. I'm sure gradual introduction of small pieces of bone would help take care of that, but this was his first one and from what I hear, he took the whole thing down like a stick of butter.

What sort of bone would you suggest?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts