Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got an AB Lounger (sport). Anyone ever used one of these contraptions before?

I got a workout just putting it together! Told my hubby I could do it myself, yeah that was stupid pride...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is it one you lay on way of the ground and do crunches/sit ups? Looks scary to me :tongue23:
I have trouble getting my butt on the treadmill!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's like a chair thing, hubby and I tried it tonight, boy, harder than I thought, but I guess NO PAIN NO GAIN!!! Came with a video of some REALLY skinny chick showing us what to do.... yeah I didn't keep that on long.

Before long I should have "beastly" abs as the kids put it!

You haven't been scared yet till you get to be the guinnea pig for the contraption I put together!!! Tom just rolled his eyes for the two hours it took me to do it, I love him but :*******: sometimes ! I made Chris (son) get on first!!! I figure he's young enough to bounce if he hit the ground! I just kinda crack now!

Lexy just stood in the hall looking at her mother that has clearly lost her mind.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
On the news in my area they have a section of "try it before you buy it" they featured the ab lounger one week. They lost 2 or 3 inches I think it was. I want to get one but I am sure their not cheap. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Banned
375 Posts
hmmm i have one of those in my solarium... and we dont use it it is just sitting there. i dont think ill ever use it... my cats use it as a scratch post :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I bought an ab roller years ago, when they first came out. It didn't take me long to figure out that I was better off with plain ol crunches. :tongue22:

Lexy just stood in the hall looking at her mother that has clearly lost her mind.
LOL :roflmao:

·
Registered
460 Posts
lol that is so correct crunches work better that is why my cats love it so much
Your cats like to help you too? Fallon and Sampson think it's a lot of fun to sit on my stomach while I'm on the floor, either that or they roll around next to me. Often I get so distracted I wind up not getting many done. :supergrin

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't bad at all, they have like three different models, and this is the lightest most portable one. Believe me it's not that LIGHT!!!! Walmart has them in stock now for 94 bones. One of the other heavy models goes for like 200 bones from the company. Comes with more videos and crap.

I have a issues with my hips so I try but it's too painfull for me to do the crunches or sit ups on the floor.... So far this hasn't bothered me. I wan't even sore (in my hips) this morning. It's supposed to take all the stress off your back and (pelvis for me). But just like any other exercise equipment I suppose it will eventually collect dust (and cat hair...)

I'm just so depressed, since I sold my horse my exercise level has dropped drastically. I mean I'm not one to exercise just to exercise. (God Bless you that can do that!) I get my exercise by doing something. When I had my horse I cleaned 32 stall two to three times a week in addition to riding almost everyday. Now I feel I have really (pardon the expression) porked out. You get bummed you know....... I feel yucky in everything I wear.... Well you get the picture! No need to drag it out!!! My hubby just feels bad for me, and I showed interest in this because I had hoped I would be able to do it, so he really pushed to get it for me. Actually I think he feels bad for himself, cuz he has to listen to me!

Yeah animals think we're nuts. You can tell by the looks they give us!

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Keep at it Lexus, no pain no gain!

I usually work out 2 days a week, SAT, SUN, by the pool constantly lifting 16oz weights all day.

:vacat: :beer:

TD

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heheheh!! I wish that was all it took!!!!!!!!! Hey how did you know, that's how Tom works out!! SO do you have a six pack or a KEG!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts