Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really know how to start this off but here goes.... Sampson, the cat passed away this morning.

I found him laying in his spot, listless and for the most part unresponsive. I rushed him to the clinic and they found he had a serious heart condition. They figured he must have had a heart attack. He layed there like he was in a coma and every minute that passed he fought for his life. It was clear to me that he was losing the battle so I opted for them to take the pain and discomfort away...

The reality is just sinking in now so I have to keep this short but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I can only hope that he's in a much better place now and free from the ailment that took him from us.

Sampson 4/19/99-10/1/05

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm so sorry! I know how difficult it was for me when my dog died...you're in my prayers!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I's so sorry for your loss, I admire your strength for doing the right thing for Sampson. Best wishes....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all of your support. This has been a very difficult time for Brian and I but we've had a lot of support from friends and family so it helps us cope with our loss.

Sampson's passing was so sudden and unexpected, I think I was in shock and denile over it for most of the day yesterday. The reality is sinking in today and I'm home alone with my thoughts and I can't stop thinking about him. I keep looking to his favorite resting spots and my heart aches when I see them unoccupied. It doesn't help that everywhere I look, there's something to remind me of him.

Sampson was a very special cat. I can't find the right words to explain it but he had this way about him that made him unlike any cat I've ever known. I am grateful that I was able to share my life with him although our time together was much much too short. The irony of the situation is that for the last week and a half, I held my breath over Ava because we had a cardiac scare with her. Less than 24 hours after I got the 'she's ok' message from the cardiologist, cardiomyopthy claimed Sampson's life.

It's a beautiful day out so I'm going to atempt to get myself out of my PJ's and out of the house. I know Ava could use the walk and I could benefit from some fresh air and sunshine. Thanks again.....

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh I am so sorry for your loss.. My heart goes out to you and your family.. God will be there to help ease your pain..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts