Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Thats a very sad story BUT it does certainly hit home and make me think about what I can do to help.

Thanks for posting that story.

TD

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is an heartbreaking awfull story..when i read peoples experiences like this i thank the stars that Harvey is safe beside me. I cannot imagine the hearbreak that poor family ( and many others) must be going through~ no-one would like to see there beloved pets suffer :-(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ive thought about it alot since this has happened and i couldnt and wouldnt leave Harvey behind..to me it would be like leaving a baby behind..the bond is too strong between me, michael and Harvey to have left him alone scared and facing an awfull death. I could never have forgiven myself. Harvey would stand by my side through hard times so i would repay him and stand beside him till the end.

I guess some people had too ~ those who had babies or very young children. I cant imagine these families pain as they were evacuated having to make that decision.

·
Registered
460 Posts
There'd be no way I'd be leaving without Ava. I couldn't live knowing I left her behind for certain death. No way, no how.

·
Registered
333 Posts
TomAndKing said:
i would stay and die with my dog. i would have never left them there. but thats just me...
Twinkletoes said:
Ive thought about it alot since this has happened and i couldnt and wouldnt leave Harvey behind..to me it would be like leaving a baby behind..the bond is too strong between me, michael and Harvey to have left him alone scared and facing an awfull death. I could never have forgiven myself. Harvey would stand by my side through hard times so i would repay him and stand beside him till the end.

I guess some people had too ~ those who had babies or very young children. I cant imagine these families pain as they were evacuated having to make that decision.

Me too! They'd have to take me screaming and kicking and handcuffed before I'd leave ANY of my precious darlings. I still feel for those that have lost their pets though. Maybe they just didn't think it would be that bad or take that long.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts