Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 30ft black leash for Chase, now I'm looking for a matching harness so he wont choke himself while we do some retrieval or tracking work. I like to surf eBay, and wait for a great deal, and I came across this:

GUARDIAN GEAR HUMANE NO JUMP DOG HARNESS FITS 20-70lb | eBay

I understand what it does, but I can see so many things that can go wrong.

Has anyone else come across some 'unique' or odd training gimmicks?

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Why can't people train their dogs????

Really, the laziness of people, and the eagerness to simply 'buy' 'fixes' to everything amazes me.....

Giving a stupid kid an 'A', doesn't make him any smarter...

·
Got mutt?
13,822 Posts
Those no-jump harnesses have been around a long time. I'm suprised you've just now come across one.

·
Registered
939 Posts
That thing looks ridiculous.. AND ridiculously uncomfortable :( Who puts that on their dog??

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
It is to keep a dog from jumping over a fence I know someone that wasted their monies on one all the dog did is chewed it off.Most likely due it being uncomfortable if some one put something like that on me I would chew it off too.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those no-jump harnesses have been around a long time. I'm suprised you've just now come across one.
When it comes to training equipment for dogs, I'm very basic. I just have one leather leash, flat buckle collar, prong, and a rolled nylon slip collar. But I've decided to branch out and buy a simple harness, so when he is on the lunge line, he won't step on it and choke himself. Never searched dog harnesses before, that's why I have never seen this :)

Odd contraption, it also runs down the back and butt, it says to use it while out on walks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts