Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My name is Kayla, and I'm a proud Mama to a LCGSD and a Rott.

I'm currently looking for info regarding the Doberman. I'm looking to get another pup at the end of this year, early part of next year. I would like teh pros and cons, and any info that anyone can provide!

I do have a couple of questions though...

1)Can I work a Doberman in Schutzhund?
2)Do Doberman's go well in multi dog families?
3) How would I go about looking for teh right breeder? a

ny advice and imput is greatly accepoted!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much!

Ed Frawley pisses me off... I love his advice... its usually right on.. But I dont like how he looks at LongCoat GSDs.

My Avatar is Malachi, my lcgsd.

I sent an email to Thunderstorm Kennels.. and no one has responded back to me yet.. then again, I'm not a patient person when it comes to some things!

When I get a dobie pup, I will post pictures!!! I was looking at your pictures, and your pup is sooo Beautiful! I was looking at the others too, and WOW!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey now.. I kinda feel like I need to explain why I'm looking for a breeder and not rescuing.

1st) I already have two pups(they can be 10yrs old, and I will still call them pups) 1 male 1 female. I tried to rescue a male longcoat GSD, and they said no.. since I realdy had two pups and what have you. I really tried! I even had members from other Rescues backing me up, they still said NO... But yet, I could foster...??? I didnt understand that one!

2nd) I think, since I want a male, I should have a puppy, and let him grow up in the household, that way there wont be any problmes with my male(look at my avatar). Granted, my Malachi does like all dogs. I just dont want any probs.

3rd) I'm not saying that I cant rescue a "working" doberman, but I want a working lines Doberman, so that I can work him in Schutzhund, french ring sport, or PSA.

So please dont hate me for going with a breeder....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I posted what RIng Sport and PSA was in the Activities section..

I'm gonna go look at that site now..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OMG Lexus! I love that site.. and I think I might get my dobe from him too! I need to ask some questions, and what have you, but DAMN, he has some NICE looking dobes! I saw the pictures of Lexus, and I think they sold my fiance on this breeder... even though its my choice, he still likes to THINK he had some say... men, eh?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
WOW... Ok... I got to sleep for a few hours, and this happens!

MicDobe: I'm getting a Male.. I think bringing a female in here with my female rott would be suicide(sp?). My male is prefectly FINE with other males. its my female that isnt OK with Other females.

Yes, I have a Schutzhund group near me. BUT since its just me and the trainers(I live in the boonies) and they breed GSD's. that I doubt they would know any good working lines Dobermans. Another club, thats 3 hrs away from me, has a doberman breeder, but I cannot stand the breeder... she is... hmm.. a bitch to be nice.

Okie, I'll look for another breeder...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.