Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he wasnt what i thought i was looking for, but he ended up being everything i needed!

the dorkmeister is home! he is as yet unnamed, however he was known as vinny at DRU... he isnt on the website, dont check!

i got there and was introduced to so many great dogs - so many that COULD work very easily, but i was waiting for the connection... the right dog. i saw males, females - old, young. red, black, blue... some with no hair and right before the end came....vinny.

vinny is a year old blue male with natural ears. he came from a shelter in CT where he was a gang dog, and once he ended up at the shelter they didnt want the gang to reclaim him - so he went to DRU asap...

hes adorable. he passed the cat test by licking the cats ears and playbowing at it repeatedly. hes a huge dork. hes gotten snarked at by willow a few times (and she currently thinks that he was wonderful at DRU but should have stayed there!), and he loves toys - bones, stuffies, ropes, you name it. he respected every snark from her and now just stands to the side and barks at her to get her attention, too afraid to get his ear bit again hes affectionate and gives lovely kisses, young with that innocence and mischeviousness, but he also has quite a good head on him and isnt frantic, he doesn't jump, he pooped outside, and he is willing to explore with a bit of caution.

he has no name. hes currently sleeping quietly in his crate like a good boy. he pooped outside when i walked him. his ears are mismatched.
he was everything i wasnt looking for - a young young pup, a male, and a dilute.

and i love him. hes perfect.

(yes, barking at willow)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Awww Doberkim, Im so happy you found a new friend! He is gorgeous and I bet he is so honored to fill your home with dobie love again. His ears are awesomely unique!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Oh wow LOL, i think hes great looking! I love that picture of him barking its so darn cute.. makes him look like hes making faces at the camera!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
What a lucky boy he is! I am so happy the two of you have found each other. You said that he is just what you need but it also sounds like you are just what he needs! I LOVE the picture of him barking at Willow - it's priceless!
Can't wait to hear his new name :) Good luck and congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Congrats Kim, I am glad you and he have found each others heart. Sounds like it was meant to be. That picture of him barking is hilarious! I love it.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Congrats on the new Dobe. What a cutie.

·
Registered
365 Posts
He's just beautiful! I'm sure he'll give you a hint for a name over the next day or so....just not the dorkmeister please!!! He's way to cute for that!

It's a wierd habit here in Australia, that redheads are called Bluey...... maybe you could call him Red! People will just think you're colour blind. :)

·
Banned
675 Posts
Jedski said:
He's just beautiful! I'm sure he'll give you a hint for a name over the next day or so....just not the dorkmeister please!!! He's way to cute for that!

It's a wierd habit here in Australia, that redheads are called Bluey...... maybe you could call him Red! People will just think you're colour blind. :)
That's interesting about the name. I knew a woman once who came here from England and brought her Irish Setters with her. They were red, of course, but one of them was called Blue.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
What a good looking dobieboy he is,i'm so happy for you Kim,everyone needs a dobe hug now and then, and he looks like he is full of hugs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:boldblue: awwwwww he is just sooooooo lovely :dancing_b

Barking pic is great!:3dbiggrin

His got ears like Jazzy, I'm constantly trying to keep both forward at the same time. Takes me days of stroking her ear to lay forward then the other one goes back, I just LURVE BIG Triangle ears LOL

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
congrats Doberkim! isn't it funny just when you decide exactly what you don't want and you see the perfect example of everything you DOn't want, it turns out that it is exactly right? Vinny the Dorkmeister, has what my husband calls a 'kind eye'. Not sure what it means exactly, but when you look at your boy's eyes in those pictures it seem like you see a bit more of his soul than you do with most dogs.

the barking at willow pic is also my favorite. I am sure you two will give each other a great home.

congratulations again on the new arrival!

cc

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh Congrats! He is sure a great looker!! Iris thinks he's handsome.. She said"Look Mom he looks like me!!" I am sure he will be a loving and faithful companion for a long long time!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Aww. Congrats Kim and Dorkmister! He is so cute. Do you know around how old he is? He doesn't look very old. I would say maybe a year? But I am no expert with ages. :) I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories and of course the new name. Congrats again. I am very happy for the both of you.

Ps I love the ears. :D

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gracies mom - yeah, about a year we think :)

thanks everyone! hes perfect...
at this time i think his name is
Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU
and his call name is "OohRah"

my life is absolutely complete right now.

willow is sleeping at my feet on her bed.
oohrah is sleepign about 3 feet away from her, sprawled on the floor, passed out.
frankie (cat) is sleeping on her cat tree in the most uncomfortable position.

oohrah gave frankie gentle kisses on the head while she was sleeping on the couch. then he jumped up on the couch, gave more kisses, and then rested his head next to her and cuddled.

he came outside with us while we washed the cars - he was on the tieout, and did really well. barked at the neighbors dogs but was otherwise very good.

clicker is now charged - he did well and when he hears the clicker he will turn around from any distraction.

and the biggest kicker? loose leash walking? ace in the hole. he misses me on turns, but on a straightaway outside, he walks right next to me without any problems, nice slack in the leash.

*swoons*

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Kim I am soo happy for you!! I love the pic of OohRah barking at Willow, what a complete and total dobergoofball! He is an angel in blue!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
great news too about his manners doberkim. can't wait to see the OB titles piling up after his name!

congrats again. aren't you glad there are idots out there who are so nuts they give up great dogs like Oorah?
cc

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am so glad to hear about your new addition. It is funny how things work out. Even when you less expect it in the ones you never would have looked at. Good luck. I am sure he will be wonderful. Aren't they all? I love the pics. He looks so handsome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts