Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been a member of the "club" for a long time. I've had the nearly broken nose, the bloodied lip, countless bruises on my legs and arms, and bruised ribs. But today, I think I really, truly belong: I was stabbed by a doberhair that got stuck in my heel. It took tweezers to remove it. I think I'm fully initiated now!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
OMG MeadowCat I feel your pain, but let me say you're lucky you managed to get it out. I've had one stuck in my heel for about 6 months now and I CANNOT see it or grab it with tweezers, it must be so embedded at this point. :lol: I'm 99% certain it's a dobe hair, as I know the feeling - it must have been a really short one, or it broke off on the outside of my foot and just a tiny part of it is left inside. :lol:

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Now that had to hurt!! Holy moly!! I almost got a black eye the other day. I was torn between laughing hysterical at myself and cussing. I usually let Flirt out of the front entrance of the kennel. Instead I went to the backyard to let her out the back. I slightly opened the back gate to peer to see her coming down the hallway (20 ft away) and said FLIRTIEEEEEEEEEEEEE and didn't realize she'd heard me already and was standing where I couldn't see her and WHAMMO the door blasted open into my face, hitting my sunglasses and cracking them in half.

ETA - I guess there is one good thing about plantar fasciitis. I NEVER go barefoot :)

·
Got mutt?
13,820 Posts
Haven't had that happen with a dog hair, but man, have I ever had the cat hairs stab me. Amazing that one teensy little HAIR could hurt so much! And be so darn hard to find and remove.

Reactions: MeadowCat

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Never had one stuck in my foot but I've had one stuck in a black bra and I thought I was going to SNAP trying to find it one day in the bathroom at work. LOL It took forever to find but I was not giving up until it was extracted and I could sit in peace at my desk!

Adara - I'm laughing with you, not at you! :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Never had one stuck in my foot but I've had one stuck in a black bra and I thought I was going to SNAP trying to find it one day in the bathroom at work. LOL It took forever to find but I was not giving up until it was extracted and I could sit in peace at my desk!

Adara - I'm laughing with you, not at you! :roflmao:
LOL--I was just thinking the same thing! They keep poking and scratching you all day, its like torture! And of course you can't dig around in your bra in public to try to get the sucker out!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hahahaha. I am a groomer, and I ALWAYS come home and pick dog hair out my hands, arms, etc. My husband always made fun of me until he got a dober hair stuck in his foot. He didn't laugh at me after that; he agreed that in the right stop it feels like a splinter :D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure of a hair stuck in my bra, but I have had that nose poke me in places I didn't think I had. Some of the bruises I've had were such pretty colors.

·
Da Boss
3,488 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had to run to the bathroom looking for a dober hair stuck in my bra! Who knew something that small could be so annoying!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts