Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the weekend we had a new arrival to the house.

a 2 yr old black and tan bitch called Candy.

We also currently have Hermione who is a "foster" but on the day I had someone to come meet her for a new home Alex told me he had decided to keep her! So... Foster failed there! Shes now here to stay!

Candy is a lovely girl, given up because she was fighting with their staffie.
They had only had her 8 weeks, they had got her off someone who had 2 other dobies but gave her up because the woman was pregnant. So many homes in such a short space of time.

Shes a little confused at whats going on but slotted in seamlessly with the other girlies, we have a home in mind for her but need to assess her properly over the next few days.

Apart from jumping over all the gates, opening all the doors in the house and singing at 3am shes been a pleasure!

We have a home lined up for her already, they are coming to meet her next thursday so hopefully that forever home is just around the corner!

This was the whole herd this evening on our normal walk route!

From Left to right

Bramble, Hermione, Zara, Ruby, Bracken, Candy.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Happy Dober-butts!! Looks like a great place to let them run!! :)

Jan

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh its fab! Fully enclosed about 3 acres, people there are for the best part good and all dogs get along great. There have been times where myself and a friend meet up there with her dobes and we have 9/10 all playing together. There is so much space there is no problems... best part is they come back nice and tired.
Best part of it all which apparently looks quiet impressive is i give them the "HERE" command and all SIX of them all turn about and head back over to me! I have been seen walking up to the gates with all of them on leads which always gets a few laughs! Not sure who is walking who though!

I have massive fields behind the house, a huge garden but i still choose to take them out there as it gets me walking too, Its only 4 miles down the road so really lucky to have it so close.

How do you get 6 dogs to the field? Easy!

Love my van!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Alright how in the..... do you get them in the top crates? ha ha ha!
And Candy's butt couldn't get any higher off the ground!!!
Love the photo and thank you for sharing the story!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I love what you're doing.............you're raising dobermans to love others. I just got off the phone with my friend who raised my girl who I love dearly.......how can we ever repay you for your devotion and care for these dogs? Thank you just isn't enough...........hugs from across the miles!!:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright how in the..... do you get them in the top crates? ha ha ha!
And Candy's butt couldn't get any higher off the ground!!!
Love the photo and thank you for sharing the story!
haha!!
There is a ledge at the back of the van where my parking sensors are they hop up on there and then up. Zara likes the top crates and will fuss if i dont put her up there, and obviously on the inside its lower and there are doors on both sides!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts