·
Super Moderator
21,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
21,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, you say that, VZ...I really realized how serious she is about her work in this series of photos (there are about 50 of them - we have a wonderful photographer for these trials). My awesome trainers in the different sports I train in both emphasize all the time that we really need to pay very close attention to what is reinforcing for our dogs, and specifically to pay attention to what is reinforcing WHILE they are working - that may be very different than their "normal" day to day life. Sypha is normally a dog that loves physical affection - petting, etc. BUT! She does NOT like that during "work!" It's hard for me to remember, but wow, it is SO clear during the photos that she is very serious about her work and doesn't want that kind of reinforcement. She actually ducks away from my hand. What she wants is her food reward, to be verbally praised, and to KEEP WORKING.

It was a great reminder for me. It's funny...when we get done searching and back to the area of the car she TOTALLY wants to be loved up!

Photos and video from trials is so very valuable for me...really great learning tools.

She absolutely adores this work.

I try not to be TOO serious...the more relaxed I am and the more I simply follow her lead, the better we are as a team.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Great , Great pictures ! I have always replied to the videos of Sypha pounding on the boxes , It is just not because she stoops to pieces - its her intensity when she does it and that look to MC - She is telling MC - Dang it mom - its right here - She is working hard to tell her .

The eye to eye contact that MC and Sypha has ! I have found over the years and have seen the same eye to eye here - Sometimes - you don't have to say anything - A team that works together - they can read the others thoughts and that's what I see in these pictures , like the no look pass in basketball .

What 2 outstanding teams we have on this site - Team Sypha and Team Newtie - Thanks so much to both of you posting up pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts