Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1 - Wait for your owner to settle into a deep sleep.

Step 2 - Wake him/her up by whining. Give them the impression you need to go out to the toilet. NOTE: Do not attempt this before midnight or after 5am. Too early and they're likely to be awake, too late and they will thank you for the wake up call.

Step 3 - Once outside DO NOT make ANY attempt to go to the toilet what so ever. Instead take this opportunity to run and play about. You've had a hard day eating, playing and resting so you deserve it.

Step 4 - Wait for your owner to become frustrated. They will eventually take you inside.

Step 5 - Once asleep, wake up your owner again (before 5am). This time you ACTUALLY have to go to the toilet. They will usually leave you to whine for 30 mins as they think you just want to play, but this is OK as they are not sleeping, which is what you want.

Step 6 - Go to the toilet. NOTE: You should at this point have a pissed off owner, as they will be wondering why you never went before. Well done!

1377246574373.jpg

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
^^^^ sounds about right, some early mornings...:roflmao:

Our Kelly jumps off the end of the master bed, when she needs to go potty.
- yesterday, puppy went outside just after 5:00 am
- no pee or poop what so ever
Instead, she scent tracked the stray cat, that earlier visited our front lawn throughout the night...and perimeter searched our property and both next door neighbor lots.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,075 Posts
Step 1 - Wait for your owner to settle into a deep sleep.

Step 2 - Wake him/her up by whining. Give them the impression you need to go out to the toilet. NOTE: Do not attempt this before midnight or after 5am. Too early and they're likely to be awake, too late and they will thank you for the wake up call.

Step 3 - Once outside DO NOT make ANY attempt to go to the toilet what so ever. Instead take this opportunity to run and play about. You've had a hard day eating, playing and resting so you deserve it.

Step 4 - Wait for your owner to become frustrated. They will eventually take you inside.

Step 5 - Once asleep, wake up your owner again (before 5am). This time you ACTUALLY have to go to the toilet. They will usually leave you to whine for 30 mins as they think you just want to play, but this is OK as they are not sleeping, which is what you want.

Step 6 - Go to the toilet. NOTE: You should at this point have a pissed off owner, as they will be wondering why you never went before. Well done!

View attachment 43609
Capri has apparently been trading notes with your dog--or perhaps this is something a puppy's mom teaches it in those first 8 weeks of life.

It is passive aggressiveness showing through, I suppose, to get back at us for all those times we make them sit and wait before letting them dive into dinner.

·
Registered
203 Posts
step 8. sleep sideways on the bed using their legs as a pillow.
step 9. ensure a deep sleep to bring up that dream of the wonderful day of playing with the neighbor dog. running and running
step 10. pass gas atleast twice

poppy had her first crashing thunderstorm over head last night. i ended up sleeping on the floor and her in the bed

·
Registered
281 Posts
There really must be a book they read about this!

I hate those really early "But I really gotta go potty whines." You have to honor them and you know about half the time it's just a practical joke on your dogs part.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to think of imaginative ways to get my own back, along the idea of fooling my boy for my own amusement. I have thought of recording the sound of food being prepared, playing it in another room, but the food actually turning up in the room he came from.

Mwahaha! Payback my boy!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Haha! I've just had a memory (just before I had my boy) of when I was bent over with hilarity at a guy running after his puppy along a beach. The puppy would stop to allow the owner to put a lead on him/her, but just before it was attached, would run off again. I found it so funny at the time. Now?... ...DAMN YOU KARMA!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts