Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diesel put this saying to the test. Yesterday I recieved disturbing news that one of my younger friends 16 (I'm 22) passed away very unexpedicatly. I'm devastated and in shock and I never realized how much a dog can sense until I walked in my front door with tears in my eyes and the first thing I see is my sweet sweet puppy sitting there with his little nub wagging waiting to give me a kiss. I sat on the floor and he curled up in my lap almost as if he was trying to say I'm here for you and I love you. Who knew a 14 week old puppy could make you feel so much better. The entire night Diesel never left my side (not that he usually does) He kept his head on me all night while we were sleeping.

Dogs give us everything they have all just to be loved in return. I couldn't ask for a better dog so today make sure you give your furry friend an extra treat or an extra kiss or whatever it might be that they love just to remind them you love them too because without them our lives just wouldn't be the same.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( my thoughts and prayers are with you and that family.

What a sweet, sweet boy you have.. making sure momma is okay. I wholeheartedly agree that theres no love like the love you get from your dog. Truly unconditional and without judgement. Who could ask for a better friend?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( my thoughts and prayers are with you and that family.

What a sweet, sweet boy you have.. making sure momma is okay. I wholeheartedly agree that theres no love like the love you get from your dog. Truly unconditional and without judgement. Who could ask for a better friend?
Thank you.

I'll never Be without a dog. Better yet without a Doberman. He has shown me so much love in such a short amount of time. It's amazing.

·
joie de vivre
11,268 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It's amazing how perceptive our dogs are. They can read human emotions better than some people. I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm grateful that you have a friend who is able to help you cope. When my husband went back to work overseas after Christmas, I sat and cried into Gunner's fur for over an hour. There is no better form of therapy.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's amazing how perceptive our dogs are. They can read human emotions better than some people. I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm grateful that you have a friend who is able to help you cope. When my husband went back to work overseas after Christmas, I sat and cried into Gunner's fur for over an hour. There is no better form of therapy.
Thank you and hearing that makes me want to cry. What a sweet boy you have. There really is nothing better. They just know when you need them the most.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So sorry for your loss, the death of a friend is a horrible thing that I wish no one ever had to go through. Especially a young friend. Dobermans do make the best listeners, and the best cuddlers when you're grieving. Love on each other all you can, you need it!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So sorry for your loss, the death of a friend is a horrible thing that I wish no one ever had to go through. Especially a young friend. Dobermans do make the best listeners, and the best cuddlers when you're grieving. Love on each other all you can, you need it!
Thank you. I'm so lucky he's such a cuddler cause it's exactly what I've needed.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I just Love Diesel storys...but unfortunately, under sad circumstances.
- loving his MaMa, is most clear...and so smart, for a very young boy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts