Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know how long does it take for a male Doberman to be complete adult? My Doberman is nearly 1 year old and I think he is kinda small... I'm afraid he has stopped growing... I've always wanted a big Doberman.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Keep waiting....It may take until he is 2 years for this. Physically and mentally growing takes longers in males than it does in females. My girls chest did not start to drop until she was over a year old. Enjoy your big puppy as long as you can.....Also they may experience periods of where they seem not to grow. We had a 4 month spell where she did not gain any weight, then in the last 2 months, she put 5 pounds on.....This breed also takes a long time to mature. Hang in there. One other thing, Has he been neutered ? If he has at an early age, this will slow down the developement of growth. All those hormones thingys get affected by this....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
From your picture he actually looks on the tall side to me. IIRC they pretty much have their height by 10 months. The rest is just filling out.
Dobermans are meant to be a medium size dog. Bigger is not better. It brings on some possible health issues, such as hip and elbow displysia (sp?). Bigger could be taxing on his heart too which you don't want either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts