Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark would so kill me for sharing this pic, but I love it... Thankfully the Bengals are doing well and he is much to busy while he's on the computer reading about their victory to have time to come in here LOL (Will he ever learn? They may be doing good now but it's only a matter of time....) At any rate after deciding to share this pic it occurred to me that most of the pics I've shared revolve around sleeping on the sofa, I swear that we do move in this family, we move alot but I think that because we do move so much when on the rare occassion we are all at home we're just too tired so spend much time sleeping on the sofa :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
its a very cute pic -
but i just have one comment.

are the tags on a choke collar? please PLEASE take this collar off the dog and do not use it for general use - i know many dogs that have been injured and died from this collar getting caught on things from the deck to cages, other animals, etc.

please get a flat collar (nylon, leather) and if you want to keep a collar on your pup, keep his tags on that one.

a puppy has no real need for a training (choke) collar anyway!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heavens no, it's not a choke collar but it does kind of look like one in the pic... It's a woven cotton flat collar that has the stars and stripes on it :) I'm on the same page as you are concerning the training collars Kim. I can't tell you how many times I've debated this issue with friends or family and have even been known to casually stop people walking their dogs and show them how to put them on the correct way... :)
Check out my avatar, shows the collar she's wearing a little better :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
What an adorable photo. Men and their puppy dogs are so cute together :)

At any rate after deciding to share this pic it occurred to me that most of the pics I've shared revolve around sleeping on the sofa, I swear that we do move in this family, we move alot but I think that because we do move so much when on the rare occassion we are all at home we're just too tired so spend much time sleeping on the sofa :)
LOL About 75% of the pictures I have of the dogs, they are in the woods. If one didn't know better, you'd think we live out in the wilderness....

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
glad to hear it :)

it sounds like an interesting collar - now you have ot take better pics of it for us :)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here you can see it better in this photo... I guess it's on upside down though, eh?

It's super soft and adjustable - which is a good thing, this kiddo is growing so fast! - I have a matching leash somewhere... It came in a prize bag that Jordan won when she entered Spike in the most colorful pet contest several years ago. Spike was an aussie/sharpei/catahoula somethingish type of dog :) When she was a puppy she looked almost purple, couldn't decide if she was a blue or a red merle... Very odd looking dog but we loved her much and miss her terribly.
In my signature pic you can see the little "made in the USA" tag on it....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts