Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you so much to my friend Melinda aka Tuxedojack for this lovely memorial for Niko. This is a rock that weighs 31 pounds that was shipped to my home. The script and picture is engraved into the stone. It currently sits on Himmy's blanket right next to the fireplace and will stay there until I am ready to put his things away....yes his toys, blanket, pillow and bowls are still in their place. No one questions it, even friends and family. It's as if these items still have a purpose. :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am so glad that everyone at work has left for the day because now I am crying!!!!

Reactions: Sherryh and Chatty

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Bless your heart. This is so sad. These special guys should live to be 65. It's so hard when they leave us.

Yes, you have a good friend in Tuxedojack.

Reactions: Sherryh and Chatty

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Goodness, sorry to make some of you cry, but I really appreciate that you are so touched by Mr. Himmy and his memorial.

I really love the garden idea. I would plant my flowers each spring and Niko would lay there and watch me, he was always up in my business :). He loved to watch me plant, we would always play the butt spank game when I was done.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Just beautiful, and yes, I have tears for you as well.

When our Shelbygirl (min pin) left us in April, we built a memorial garden for her. Every morning when I stepped outside, I would say hello to her and it made me feel a little closer.

I am just so sorry for your loss of Niko. What a treasured gift.

ETA :: We still have Shelby's food bowl out and her toys sit in my office, right where she left them. Her kennel is also sitting where we left it...and I doubt we'll ever put her things away.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts