Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dobie Duke has thrown up some eggs and seems to not be eating much. I have 2 dobermans one is duke (9 month old male) and gabbana a 4 month old female. They fight and one day breed them. They both have all their shots but seems that the girl keeps duke up at all hours of the night. I was thinking sleep deprivation but not sure if apetite loss is a realistic effect of this. Please leave any info that would help. Thanks :doctor:

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
my dobie duke has thrown up some eggs and seems to not be eating much. I have 2 dobermans one is duke (9 month old male) and gabbana a 4 month old female. They fight and one day breed them. They both have all their shots but seems that the girl keeps duke up at all hours of the night. I was thinking sleep deprivation but not sure if apetite loss is a realistic effect of this. Please leave any info that would help. Thanks :doctor:
Go to a vet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My dobie Duke has thrown up some eggs and seems to not be eating much. I have 2 dobermans one is duke (9 month old male) and gabbana a 4 month old female. They fight and one day breed them. They both have all their shots but seems that the girl keeps duke up at all hours of the night. I was thinking sleep deprivation but not sure if apetite loss is a realistic effect of this. Please leave any info that would help. Thanks :doctor:
It could be all that fighting they are doing!!! or maybe the female is pregnant!!! If you start her this young, you could have 10 litters by the time she is 5!!! :uuuh_2d_s

Saracasm.....just one of my many talents!

Reactions: mangujowa

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Did you mean to post this in the Doberman Health section?

You might ask one of the mods to move it for you, as I think you'll get more views and information if posted in that section.

Just reiterating, vet trip now for the dog who is throwing up--he could have an obstruction and every bit of time you wait could be inches of intestine dying--and lessen your chances of him surviving surgery at all.

As to what you mentioned about having a male and female puppy so you can breed them in the future, stick around, listen and learn. You will get plenty of comments on that, too, if you stay here.

Reactions: mangujowa

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I say get to vet right away I would worry about an obstruction or Intussusception. The best way to find this out is with an Xray. With both of these it is VERY painful and your Doberman could die if not caught by your vet.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Doesn't look like they've touched this site since the 1st post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Blockage?

Sounds like it could be a blockage.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Many times, these sorts of threads are started by folks who want free "cybercures" for their animals.

Sigh.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Could the "eggs" be stomach bile? Especially if the throwing up is in the AM or when stomach is empty. I personally wouldn't breed this dog; not healthy enough. And no, dogs don't suffer sleep deprivation .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts