Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
The pics are a little fuzzy so it's hard to tell, but she doesn't look small for her age to me. Dobes mature slowly and the girls won't be as big as the boys.

Tali, my 3.5 year old, is approximately 60 lbs and she's definitely full grown. Tali even looks pretty good closer to 55-lbs. She's my little girl. :) 65-lbs is pretty typical for a full grown female Dobe. Since your girl is 7-months she's still got some growing to do and her growth will likely slow down quite a bit. She likely won't be her adult size until around 2 years old.

Your girl is a cutie by the way. Sweet face. :)

Reactions: MeadowCat

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response and the compliment to her :grinball2:

I guess Im just worried for some reason that she will be too small... Why does this bother meat all? I have no idea lol

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yep, some dogs are just smaller than others. I think around 7 months old Keira was also around 50lbs, maybe just a bit more. Now she's nearly 4 years old and looks her best at 58lbs. I wouldn't worry about it at all! Dobermans aren't supposed to be huge anyway, and in a lot of ways it's actually nice having one just a little bit smaller than average. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
My almost 17 month old gril.. 56-57# at this point... She's just starting to thicken up a bit. Hoping to have that 65# female at two years of age.

Her mother was only 62# during her show career, was 67-68# at 5 1/2 years old during her first breeding and has stablized at 70-72# after her first litter now 6 1/2 years old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
small doberman

Hi all
my little girl has just turned 6 months and is 45 lbs thats funny that someone else thinks thier pup is small i have been worried too that she will stay small, hoping she will hit 60 lbs when matured.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
If she looks to be a healthy weight then she is probably fine. She's still a puppy and is therefore till growing.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi,

My girl Charley Girl is about 22 months and she weighs 68 lbs. Your girl looks just about right for her age and bone structure. Give her lots of exercise and feed her well and she will be fine.

The doberman standard is a medium sized dog.

KC/Linda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts